Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ex's girlfriend

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM
  • 8 Replies
My ex has a girlfriend that he has been seeing for awhile. He and I do not have a good relationship, I do try for the sake of my kids but he is an ass. He is a loser by anyone's account, but she at this point is sticking with him. In my mind she must be desperate since he has nothing to offer other than my kids. Anyway, his girlfriend spends a lot of time with my kids. I was wondering if you ladies think it would be appropriate for me to suggest meeting her for coffee without him since they seem serious?
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:47 PM
That is a great idea. I tried to do this, but my exes gf wasn't having it. The. He decided he wanted nothing to do with our son. So neither have seen or spoken to him in almost 2 years.
tryin2findmyway
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Absolutly. And thats the most mature thing to do. Those are your babys and by all means you have every right knowing whose around them while knowing her physically. She needs to respect you as there mother.
Misha1204
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Definitely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM
You have the right to meet anyone your kids are around.

Quoting Misha1204:

Definitely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree.

Quoting tryin2findmyway:

Absolutly. And thats the most mature thing to do. Those are your babys and by all means you have every right knowing whose around them while knowing her physically. She needs to respect you as there mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:18 PM
She wouldn't have been around my kids before I met her...
That is a requirement. Thankfully my ex and I have a great relationship...and he agrees.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM

in some cases, not meeting the mother has nothing to do with not respecting them as the mother. i did not meet my step kids mom for months after i met them, because she was a crazy cuckoo bitch. she still is, but ive met her now. no, i dont say that around the kids. in fact when i have to see her, i am civil to her and visa versa. i avoid seeing her when i can though.

Quoting tryin2findmyway:

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I would. If she's part of your kids' lives, I think it's important to know her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)