Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should the parent be charged if a child is murdered??

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM
  • 60 Replies

Poll

Question: Should the mother be charged??

Options:

Yes

No

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

I was on FB the other day and this article popped up on my newsfeed. Basically, the little girl was killed by the mother's boyfriend when her mother left her with him to run to the store.

Among her injuries, the little girl's liver was pulverized and her ribs were broken. Initially, not many details were released but since then an article has came out detailing the whole situation.

Apparently the boyfriend had been beating the mother for some time now and the mother even had to be hospitalized at one point.

Do you think if a mother stays with an abusive SO and he kills her child, she should also be convicted of murder or accessory to the fact??

This can also go both ways for example if a bio dad gets with a woman that he knows doesn't like his child and she ends up hurting the child, should he be punished?

Link to the news article: http://theavtimes.com/2013/09/30/palmdale-toddler-beaten-to-death-moms-boyfriend-charged-with-murder/

Link to a piece where the mother and father are going back and forth on IG: http://www.lipstickalley.com/f50/parents-little-girl-who-beaten-death-act-fool-ig-578887/

Picture of Zanai:

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:32 AM
BUMP!
proudmother5946
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:33 AM
4 moms liked this
I feel she should bear responsibility in the death of her daughter. She knew he had a propensity for violence since he had beaten her. She placed her daughter in a dangerous situation and the child was killed.
Danielle17T
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know about charging her with murder but definitely neglect or abuse just something so she does some jail time because she let it happen now a child is dead over it
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Why not accessory? Had she left him after she put the restraining order against him or after he hospitalized her, Zanai would still be alive.

Quoting Danielle17T:

I don't know about charging her with murder but definitely neglect or abuse just something so she does some jail time because she let it happen now a child is dead over it
Danielle17T
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Oh I definitely think accessory would b good I just didn't think like murder 1 but manslaughter accessory is good because it was totally preventable

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Why not accessory? Had she left him after she put the restraining order against him or after he hospitalized her, Zanai would still be alive.

Quoting Danielle17T:

cupcake_mom
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm guessing you have never been in an abusive relationship......it isn't that easy to just up and leave. You are scared they are going to come after you,especially if they aren't in jail. Even if you have a restraining order you don't feel safe either way. some women don't even know how to get out. I didn't know that there were sheltersfor aabused women until after i took him to court after i finally got the courage to leave.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting Danielle17T:

cupcake_mom
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Just because an abuser abuses you doesn't mean they will abuse.the child. This could have been the first time he did it to that child. My ex hit me a lot but never hit our dd, he now abuses his wife but not her other child that isn't his and not their kids. Is he capable of it, defiantly, will he, i don't think so.

Quoting Danielle17T:

Oh I definitely think accessory would b good I just didn't think like murder 1 but manslaughter accessory is good because it was totally preventable

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting Danielle17T:

Danielle17T
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Didn't this little girl show signs that she had been abused for a while now? If they'll abuse u then they have the potential to abuse ur child probably even more likely to abuse the child is it's not there bio kid this girl wasn't his dd..I use to work for an oral surgeon&he got call to the er for emergency when it involved a person face I saw a few kids with broken jaws or nose from a moms bf and the moms there trying to cover it up in those cases it's totally preventable and is also the moms fault

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Just because an abuser abuses you doesn't mean they will abuse.the child. This could have been the first time he did it to that child. My ex hit me a lot but never hit our dd, he now abuses his wife but not her other child that isn't his and not their kids. Is he capable of it, defiantly, will he, i don't think so.

Quoting Danielle17T:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting Danielle17T:

cupcake_mom
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm guessing you have never been abused. Ours not as easy as people make it out to be to leave or not try to cover it up. For fear of being beaten again or worse them killing you.

Quoting Danielle17T:

Didn't this little girl show signs that she had been abused for a while now? If they'll abuse u then they have the potential to abuse ur child probably even more likely to abuse the child is it's not there bio kid this girl wasn't his dd..I use to work for an oral surgeon&he got call to the er for emergency when it involved a person face I saw a few kids with broken jaws or nose from a moms bf and the moms there trying to cover it up in those cases it's totally preventable and is also the moms fault

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Quoting Danielle17T:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting Danielle17T:

Danielle17T
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I have been in a very abusive relationship actually more than one it was b4 I had kids so it was just me in danger

Quoting cupcake_mom:

I'm guessing you have never been abused. Ours not as easy as people make it out to be to leave or not try to cover it up. For fear of being beaten again or worse them killing you.

Quoting Danielle17T:

Quoting cupcake_mom:

Quoting Danielle17T:

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting Danielle17T:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)