Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So I went to the doctor yesterday...

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:57 PM
  • 7 Replies

And they told me I may either have IBS or endometriosis. The doctor said if its endo that they should have caught it when I gave birth. What does she mean? How could they know if I have endo if I gave birth vaginally?

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
woodstock525
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:01 PM

They may have noted excess tissue from the endometriosis.  Or you may have had more pain than normal or difficulty conceiving.

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Why did you go to the doctor? I have IBS and I'm on the constipation end. I have PCOS as well. I don't know much about Endo

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I've been having bad low back aches and pelvic cramping for nearly six months. I took Tylenol for it but it didn't even touch the pain, birth control hasn't helped, and I'm getting so miserable it's getting hard to get up and play with my daughter. I go for blood work and an ultrasound in the morning.

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:01 AM
I have IBS, but the cramping isn't in the pelvic area. There's no mistaking it's in the bowels and intestines. Hopefully they can figure it out.
brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I hope so. I'm just scared because my grandmother (maternal) had, and survived, cervical cancer. Our family is full of cancers and heart issues. 

I'm proud of my grandma though. She got pregnant with my uncle and the doctor diagnosed her with cervical cancer a little while after. The doctor told her that the safest thing to do was to abort and begin treatment. She refused, stating that her child deserves a chance. She went full term, had my uncle, then had a complete hysterectomy. All this while dealing with the death of her mother whom lived over seas in Germany and dealing with her abusive husband (my grandpa...I only met him twice before he died but I hate him all the same). Back then, she was truly afraid that she couldn't  support four children on her own because of how little English she knew (she knew only German). She stuck out a terrible marriage full of beatings, death threats, and infidelity to be sure the children had a roof over their heads. Eventually, she learned enough English to get herself a job, divorced my grandpa, moved out, and raised her babies. Now throw in cancer, her parents passing, and being in a strange country. Sort of went on a ramble, but I just wanted women to see that nothing is impossible.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I would think if it was endo they might have seen something during an ultrasound while you were pregnant.  

Has the doctor suggested having a GI done?

dstarr347
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I have the same symptoms you have since I started menstruating at 15. Two years ago my period came and I felt a searing pain in my right ovary and my pad had a pool of blood in it. I went to the hospital when my period ended and they did a transvaginal ultrasound and saw 2 cysts on my right ovary and referred me to a gynecologist. I went there and the ob/gyn said that I had endometriosis!I had surgerey last March to remove the cysts and the pain has went down considerably. I was shocked because I have 5 children all conceived naturally! Looking back I now realize that I might have always had it but being pregnant modifies the symptoms and at one time I was on bc which reduces symptoms. Go back to the doctor and get checked. I hope all is well and I will keep you up in prayer.

Best wishes and positve thoughts,

Danielle hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN