Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I miscarrying??? a bit of advice??

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:02 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi I had sex 6 days ago and have the copper coil. My period is due the 23rd of this month but yesterday I had cramping and a few hours ago I noticed I was bleeding heavly and passed a small blood clot.

I dont really know whats happening. Could this be a miscarraige as I have very regular periods and this seems like a period but Im not due for another 2 1/2 weeks.

I went to the doctor yesterday with cramps and she done a pregnancy test which was negative, although I only had sex 6 days ago and she said their was alot of protein in my urine.

I dont really know whats going on and Im kind of worried.

Can anyone shed some light on whats going on with me??? Has anyone else had a simular experiance???

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mz23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Whats the copper coil? Idk how a miscarriage would be like at 6 days I cant imagine it causing heavy bleeding. What the baby is like a zygote lol. On the otherhand, when I was pregnant I had cramps and light bleeding. So o really dont know whats going on with you, sorry. Is that the first time youve had sex in a while?
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM

If you are miscarrying then you have been pregnant for longer than just the 6 days since you last had sex, since if you got pregnant from that instance it would not even have implanted at this point.

Talk to your doctor about your bleeding concerns.

Bribriesmom
by Valentina on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM
If you are having unprotected sex, sperm does have a lot of protein or it could be another medical issue. Have them do a blood test to check your hcg hormone levels. Hoping it's not a miscarriage and just your cycle changing because sometimes our bodies clean itself out and we pass clots.
BostonMomma08
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM
You posted that you had an IUD, used a condom and took a plan B pill. The chances of you being pregnant after all that are literally a million to one... Plus like the second poster said, you wouldn't have even had implantation at this point. And I know in your previous post you said it was your first time having sex in like 2 years, so again the chances are so ridiculously minuscule. I think that you've been stressing out about the whole thing since you had sex, and stress can make your body do all kinds of funky things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMBx
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:18 AM

If you suspected a miscarriage, the doctor would've checked your HCG level. Even if you are miscarrying, HCG (pregnancy hormone) would be detected in your blood, only it would be deteriorating due to the loss of the pregnancy. Also, usually if you have a miscarriage you will have a positive pregnancy test for a short period of time. Other than that, it seems you are using sufficient birth control to prevent pregnancy. Breathe easy, it's possible you're just having some breakthrough bleeding between periods. It happens to everyone. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 6, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I don't think it would be from the sex 6 days ago. I would talk to your dr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:53 PM

i dont think it sounds like a miscarriage.  i would talk to your dr about it tho :)

MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:52 AM

This!

Quoting alexis_06:

i dont think it sounds like a miscarriage.  i would talk to your dr about it tho :)

PoplarGrove
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Reading the other replies that say you had sex with the IUD in for the first time in 2 years and now hearing that you're bleeding I'm going to say get to the doctor now and tell them you want an ultrasound to make sure the IUD didn't shift and puncture anything or fall out.  Can you feel the strings?

What did the doctor do about the high protein in your urine?  That could indicate a bladder ot kidney infection (which would explain the cramping) but you shouldn't be bleeding heavily from a kidney infection unless what you're mistaking for menstrual blood is your urine.  

Either way, you need to see a doctor again today to figure out what's going on.  

The odds of you being pregnant are a million to 1.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)