Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I thought he knew? Should I tell him?? **PIOG**

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 14 Replies

So my son is in the other room watching cartoons and he comes running the other room where my mom and I are cleaning up and he asks my mom why he doesn't have a real daddy. He says that he know he has step daddies but why doesn't he have a real dad. He also wants to know why I don't want to get married because he wants brothers and sisters and a dad.

Now to clarify he only refers to 2 people as daddy. One being my dad (he passed 2 years ago) and then one being my ex but he calls him his "church daddy" because that's where he 1st met him when he was 4 yrs old. When I introduced them I told my son that he was his daddy but for some reason I guess my son never figured it out.

My ex comes around twice a year. He comes around for Christmas and then he comes to see my son on his bday in Jan. I thought he knew that his "church daddy" was his real dad. Should I tell my son that his "church dad" is his real dad??

Is this confusing lol

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM

BUMP!

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM

You being a post whore again...lol!  

pedritosmama
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Yeah--that is weird.  You should definitely talk to him and make sure he knows who his real dad is.

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM
lmao yea I know. I knew when i saw your name you were going to call me out on it lol I like to get different opinions though

Quoting Nisha929:

MissMBx
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes you should definitely tell your son that his church dad is his real dad. It sounds like he just wants to know who his real dad is. You could then go on to explain that his real dad is not always available, but he has a lot of other people including you that love him. Tell him some daddies are around more often, and some aren't...but that doesn't take away from the fact that he has a mommy that loves him dearly. Christmas is right around the corner so you could also tell him that he will be seeing his real dad again around Christmas. Hopefully that brings your son some peace of mind. 

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Nothing at all wrong with getting different opinions and you already know I'm just messing with you. 

Quoting SexyDiva19:

lmao yea I know. I knew when i saw your name you were going to call me out on it lol I like to get different opinions though

Quoting Nisha929:

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Yes I know :)

Quoting Nisha929:

Nothing at all wrong with getting different opinions and you already know I'm just messing with you. 

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting Nisha929:

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 6, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Yeah I think it's a good idea he is getting older
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I agree with the other moms and would just talk to him again and make sure he understands that his church dad is his real dad.

Asherfranksmom
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I'm confused...nevermind a young child.  I would definetly figure out a way to explain this to your son in a way that he won't be totally confused. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)