Remember college? I do. Just barely. I don't know about you, but when I was in college, I took typical stuff like English, math, science. Ugh, and chemistry. That's the class that kept me in summer school. And I stick to my contention that I will never, ever need chemistry for anything! Is it me or does college seem a lot more fun now? Sure, I took some theater classes. I'm pretty sure there was a film class. But we watched Citizen Kane, not Buffy the Vampire Slayer (at least two colleges, Oberlin and the University of Washington, offer courses in Buffy). But now colleges, whether Ivy League, community, or online, offer up some pretty strange teachings. It's almost enough to make me want to do it all over again. Here are 6 wacky college classes I wish college had when I was there!

Zombies in Popular Media

Columbia College in Chicago offers this course in the "history, significance, and representation of the zombie as a figure in horror and fantasy texts." But the best thing about the class is you can show up hungover and glassy-eyed and no one will really notice because, well, you're all looking at zombies.

Philosophy and Star Trek

Hey, I remember my college Philosophy course. We studied Nietzsche and Plato. These days, it's Captain Kirk and Spock. Georgetown University offers this class that "will center on topics in metaphysics that come up again and again in Star Trek," such as:

I. Is time travel possible? 
II. What is the relation between your mind and your brain -- are they separate items or identical?
III. What is a person?
IV. Do you have free will?

And, most importantly, what are Tribbles?

UFOs in American Society

Temple University's course analyzes the reactions of various groups to UFOs, including "the military, the scientific community, national UFO organizations, the 'lunatic fringe,' cult groups, charlatans, the entertainment industry, and the press." What, no Fox and Mulder?!

Cat College

"Cat" isn't short for anything. It's actually a college dedicated to cats. As in felines. And every class is about ... well, if you can't figure that out, you probably won't get accepted. But if Mephitic Studies in Litter Box Culture is up your alley, then this might be the place to get your meowploma.

How to Win a Beauty Pageant

This course looks at beauty pageants from the 1920s to the present. It actually sounds like a REAL college course or something, what with all of its studying of "cultural studies methodology, including close reading, cultural history, critical discourse analysis, and ethnography, and [using] those methods to understand the changing identity of the U.S. over time." I mean, that actually sounds kind of like you might need to study or use your brain for. But then it gets to the part about going to a beauty pageant in Ohio.

Tree Climbing

This class at Cornell University will teach you to "get up into the canopy of any tree, to move around, even to climb from one tree to another without touching the ground." Just FYI, Cornell costs $45,000 a year. But you can climb a tree, dagnabit!

Did you ever take a weird college course?