Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

curious and asking for non rude opionions please....

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:14 AM
  • 29 Replies
My children are 12,8, & 3 yrs.old, my mother passed away april of last year, ever since my two oldest refuse to sleep in their own room&beds, my 3yr old has a bed in my room but ever since the day she died they dont step foot in their room, ever.. they say cause their scared cause its creepy in there&they feel like someones always watching them in there, i will say i dont particularly care for their room myself either but cant say why&havent ever told them that and always tell them its ok if they feel that way it could always be my mom or dad watching over them dont be scared to go in ur room! My friends are basically telling me to force them to go back to their beds&own room again spite their feelings.. im not sure its something i should force upon them b4 their ready to at least start trying again, we live on the 3rd floor no one above us but when their in their room in the morning to get clothes they make me go in there to watch them get em n they run out terrified somethings there? Im kinda at a loss here, done night lights, tried putting em in there after their asleep and they wake up screaming bloody murder and run back to my bed ive even tried redecorating new beds new sheets new posters they like, ive done as far as offering it to be my oldest sons own room n they still refuse. Do i force the issue or do i let em stay in my bed? I dont see what its hurting to let em sleep in my bed till their over their fears...
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:28 AM
2 moms liked this
This might sound weird but try posting a pic on physic realm. The ladies there have been so helpful.
SheciaBaby
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Dreamcatcher? Do they have TVs in there rooms? That helps my kids
Nonasthebomb
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:02 AM
4 moms liked this

Your kids will only do what you allow them to do.

Tea4Tas
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:37 AM
3 moms liked this

Silly! They are genuinely frightened. Don't slough it off.  They aren't faking it, and no good can come of terrifying your kids.

The obvious solution? SWITCH rooms with them. They  get your room and you get theirs.

Or move.

hburnette3
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Same

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Silly! They are genuinely frightened. Don't slough it off.  They aren't faking it, and no good can come of terrifying your kids.

The obvious solution? SWITCH rooms with them. They  get your room and you get theirs.

Or move.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I was going to say the same thing.  You are the adult.  Move the kids in your room and you move into the room they are afraid of.  Sooner or later they will get over their fright.  In fact, I would try and stay in the room as much as possible.  That way they have to come in to see you, etc.  I would also consider taking them to counseling.  They shouldn't be this afraid of going back into a room where someone once stayed.   

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Or move.

hnye77
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Mabe you should try a new coat of paint and decorating it however they choose.  make it theirs if you haven't already... sometimes a change is all kids need. I sometimes sleep in my kids room with them when they go through these phases.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I agree with these two moms!

Quoting steviechick:

I was going to say the same thing.  You are the adult.  Move the kids in your room and you move into the room they are afraid of.  Sooner or later they will get over their fright.  In fact, I would try and stay in the room as much as possible.  That way they have to come in to see you, etc.  I would also consider taking them to counseling.  They shouldn't be this afraid of going back into a room where someone once stayed.   

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Or move.

JODILWBB2
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM
4 moms liked this

I went through the exact same thing with my boys......it really got out of control once their dad and I split.  I let it go for a while but noticed nobody was getting good sleep.  I actually started out that they go in their rooms for 10 minutes and lay in bed for a week.  I told them I will come back in 10 minutes to check on you, if they weren't sleeping they could come out.......each week I increased it by 5 minutes.  Eventually they were falling asleep before I would go into check on them.  Now 98% of the time they are in their own beds each night sleeping.  Trust me it has made a huge difference...........especially with my mood!!

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I agree. They have to learn to face their fears. They need to understand your parents are gone and they are not hanging around the room.

Quoting easinpc:

I agree with these two moms!

Quoting steviechick:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Or move.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)