Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heart-broken

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am really upset and hurt. My 1year old son's dad has completely broke my heart. We met 7 years ago and started dating 4 years ago. I moved from another city for us and really put my all in the relationship. He had a 1 year old when we started dating as well. I felt like we were on cloud 9 but we started having problems when we moved in together. After living together for a year we splitup and i got pregnant. We soon got back together and got engaged.  Then 3 months before I had our son i moved out. Once i had our son things turned from ok to bad for some months. I moved away and we started to patch things together. Now a few weeks ago we had a bad blow up with each and didn't really talk for a few wks. I heard he was married and called him. He told me he wasn't married and we started patching things together. I shortly found out he was Married and I was crushed. It was to his first child's mom. He use to tell me he didn't want to be with her but now he is married to her. He told me he did it to help her with something but i do not believe him. It hurts so bad and trying to co-parent with him is painful because i just don't want to see him.  I use to ask him when we first started dating if he want to patch things up and try and make it work with her and told me no. Im just so upset and feel like im going nuts thinking how can a person do that to someone.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
woodstock525
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Some boyfriends/girlfriends are just plain asshats.  There is no trying to figure out why or what went wrong.  It's them.  Just be happy that you are no longer in that up and down situation and that you can now concentrate on making a good life for you and your son.  It's time to move on and leave this loser behind.  Chalk the experience up to bad judgement and know to look for this type of behavior in the future and run away from it. 

I would strongly recommend, if you haven't yet done so, to go to court and get custody, visitation and child support established.  In many states, in the absence of a custody order, whichever parent has the child can keep the child. 

amazingspice
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Thank you. I started child support a few months ago. He is a good dad and gets him every ther weekend. Its just hard to see someone that has made u mad like that but I have put on a strong face. I said I refuse to let  my lil boy see me cry over this.

steviechick
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you!  I was married to a complete asshat and for 26 years.  In the end he broke my heart by his mental cruelty and deceiptful life he chose to lead.  I'm in the middle of a court battle with him (which doesn't surprise me one bit considering he's ran away from every financial responsiblity before).  At least your stbx is a father to his child.  Mine refuses to be to our daughter. 

Stay strong for not only yourself but for your child.  I hope you get the closure that you need from this loser stbx of yours.  There are far more better men out there that you so totally deserve.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

group hug

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM

hugs  He sounds like quite the player, my ex is one too.  But, I'm glad he's being a good dad to your son, because really that's the most important thing.

Quoting amazingspice:

Thank you. I started child support a few months ago. He is a good dad and gets him every ther weekend. Its just hard to see someone that has made u mad like that but I have put on a strong face. I said I refuse to let  my lil boy see me cry over this.

mamalena137
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Sounds like this guy was just using you and going back and forth between you two. So sorry mama, it'll take time to heal. I hope it gets better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)