Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you allow your kids to curse?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 21 Replies

I saw this question in another group and thought I'd ask it here.

Do you allow your kids to curse?  Is there a certain age when cursing is more acceptable?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I know my 16 year old curses at school and around her friends, but the worst she says around me is "crap".  She knows that I know she curses elsewhere, but she has enough respect that she won't do it around me or her brothers or grandparents.

Misha1204
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM
No cursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
When she moves out.....she's free.

Quoting Misha1204:

No cursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I know once she's a little older, she'll do things she'll think I know nothing about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nisha929
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I don't allow my kids to curse. I've heard them say "heck" and "dang" but I don't like those words either. As they get older I'm sure they'll do it but it better not be in front of me or any other adult. I'm 32 and I don't even curse in front of my parents. If something does slip out, I apologize.

steviechick
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I don't allow my daughter to curse at all.  She's 19 and I want her to know she has to respect me above anything else.  I know she says 'BS' and 'crap' because I've heard her say it.  That's okay.  I would say the same thing around my parents.  I brought her up to respect herself and what comes out of her mouth.  Where she works there are others her age and just a few years older.  The stuff that comes out of their potty mouths makes my jaw drop.  She tells me what they say in the kitchen (she works in a restaurant) about the customers they have to deal with.  I'm SO glad that she shows more demeaner and respect for the restaurant in which she works.  The manager isn't that far away and hears everything. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope.  I don't do it and I expect the same from my child or anybody in my house for that matter.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Same here!  I mean, I'll say ass and crap around my mom (and I'm 43!) but never anything worse.  It definitely boils down to respect in my opinion.

Quoting Nisha929:

I don't allow my kids to curse. I've heard them say "heck" and "dang" but I don't like those words either. As they get older I'm sure they'll do it but it better not be in front of me or any other adult. I'm 32 and I don't even curse in front of my parents. If something does slip out, I apologize.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you're doing a good job with her.

Quoting steviechick:

I don't allow my daughter to curse at all.  She's 19 and I want her to know she has to respect me above anything else.  I know she says 'BS' and 'crap' because I've heard her say it.  That's okay.  I would say the same thing around my parents.  I brought her up to respect herself and what comes out of her mouth.  Where she works there are others her age and just a few years older.  The stuff that comes out of their potty mouths makes my jaw drop.  She tells me what they say in the kitchen (she works in a restaurant) about the customers they have to deal with.  I'm SO glad that she shows more demeaner and respect for the restaurant in which she works.  The manager isn't that far away and hears everything. 

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't allow my kids to curse. I'm sure my 12 year old does when he's around his friends, but he tells me he doesn't (yeah right). At 39, I don't curse in front of my parents out of respect and I expect the same from my boys.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)