Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going crazy?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm pretty sure I'm going crazy. .. many daughters dad hasn't been in her life for about 5 years. Just recently he decided he wanted to be involved. We talked alot and I learned something's about him which explained alot of his behavior. He aadmitted to being a horrible person and is responsability for his actions. He can't make up forgetting he has put me through. But he wants to prove to me her can be a great dad. I decided to drive up to were he is staying. I met his mom. My dd acted like she has always known him. She gave him the biggest hug and wouldnt let go. We had an awesone weekend. My ex said he would like to move to my town after he is done with his program he is going through for his ptsd. I said that would be ok after I literally yelled at him for 3 hrs. I no longer hate him. Infact my feels for him as still there and idk why. He was horrible to me. No violence just cheating and lying. But I have to be crazy to still love him? ?? What do you think? Sorry this is such a messy all over the place post lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Sometimes its really hard to let go of those that we care about the most no matter how badly they treated us. 

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Not crazy. Emotions don't always make sense. Just be careful!
Callaly
by Jessica on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I think that its totally normally, you probably wish that things could have been different for you and your LO, and he is trying to show you that he is different.. that could lead to things being different with you and him. Just be careful!

steviechick
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM

It is normal to have feelings for an ex.  You did fall in love with him before.  I would caution on getting back together.  If you do take it very, very slowly.  It's good that he's trying to be a better father.  Most men won't see their kids (like mine).  I would at least talk to the ex and see if you can try to be friends.  Start from there.  I don't think you are crazy.  You still have feelings for the ex. 

MandaMom23
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Proceed with caution.  Hopefully he will turn out to be a great dad.  The past is in the past but him changing now does not erase what he did in the past. 

sid1083
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Reminiscing about the past often times brings up more sentimental feelings than logical ones. Let him prove his changes first before you do anything with your own feelings towards him.

amazingspice
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I think is normal to have feelings for someone you created a wonderful child with but it sounds like your ex needs to finish working on himself. This way he can be a better father for your daughter. I would do some serious thinking before acting on your feelings for him because im finding out more and more that the person u may pray so hurt to keep, may not be the whats best for you or them. Pray and you will figure out what you need to do.
RonaH
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM

All I can say is "PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION". I've been there.. Not saying he can't have matured but you need to steel yourself  and be wary of the fact he most likely has not. Also let him do the work he should be coming to you. Its so hard when you have a kid with someone it creates a bond that's hard to break.

Jenn8604
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Just be careful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM

i dont think you still love him, i think you prob dont like being alone and got nostalgic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)