Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got out of court happy

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this
For the last 4 years my Co parent has not paid one dime for our son. He doesn't think he should contribute because he visits 3 times a week and has been unemployed for 3years. He would never disclose any information about himself so child support would not contact him. Well I had to be a deductive and I got all his personal information and forward the information to child support.
Today was our child support hearing and the judge said he has to pay. I am not sure if he will pay but I feel justice will be served.
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Justice will be served if the man has a job.  He has to earn some kind of living.  Do you know if he's working or where he currently lives?  Once he does get employment garnishments can be had. 

Maryloe
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I know that he is not working, but I am glad that he has no other choice and pay once he starts working if not they can take his license.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:36 PM

If he gets a job, and does not pay and they take his license, than he may go to jail and you still will not get anything.

But we can hope he will mature and do what is right. It will make his life easier now and later.

Quoting Maryloe:

I know that he is not working, but I am glad that he has no other choice and pay once he starts working if not they can take his license.

strongerwtime
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I eventualy had to allow my case to close...my sons father was so ar behind...his license was taken and he really couldnt do anythin at all...however he was so tired of living under the table that eventually after the case was dropped (long story how this ended up happening)..he begged me not to reopen it and that he would do better and that if he didnt he wouldnt blame me for reopening it.  Well 7 months later, he has been true to his word and the amount (although half of what's ordered) he has been consistent with the amount. But it took  6 years.

Maryloe
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Wow it took 6 years for him to mature! Well I am glad he learned the hard way.

Quoting strongerwtime:

I eventualy had to allow my case to close...my sons father was so ar behind...his license was taken and he really couldnt do anythin at all...however he was so tired of living under the table that eventually after the case was dropped (long story how this ended up happening)..he begged me not to reopen it and that he would do better and that if he didnt he wouldnt blame me for reopening it.  Well 7 months later, he has been true to his word and the amount (although half of what's ordered) he has been consistent with the amount. But it took  6 years.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Yay!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)