Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What do i say?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:50 AM
  • 6 Replies
My sons father went up to my car while i was in the fast food drive thru and he told me i better drive careful with our son in the car. And he said he had seen me on the freeway driving pretty crazy. I was so taken aback that i just blurted out "are you in any position to be giving advice?"

Now first of all there is a stay away order in effect saying he has to stay at least 100 yards away from me at all times and 100 yards from my son when there he is not having a supervised visit. Second of all we have not spoken at all in seven months so that was VERY random, thirdly i was NOT driving crazy i had my son and my little cousin in the car and i would NEVER do that.

So tomorrow i am going to get a copy of the court order from my lawyer and make a police report. But as for what to say to my sons father i have no idea. I feel disrespected and harrassed and he literally has no rights to come near me. I was falsely accused of something i would never do. And also i am livid with his Mother who was driving the car that he was in. She has been playing nice with me for a couple months so that she could see my son and now all of a sudden she is okay with harrassing me and being the driver for her son who is harrassing me. Ahh!! I want to tell them off but i know i cant act on raw emotion. What do i say when i calm down in a couple days?? I want them to know that was WRONg and that they dont have any right to harrass me like that, but part of me thinks i maybe shouldnt say ANything...

.. Any advice??
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't say anything to him. You said you weren't doing what he accused you of so why sweat him saying something that isn't true? He isn't supposed to be near either of you so go get a copy of the court order and then go and file a report with the police. Stop talking to his mother as well because clearly she is condoning her son's behavior.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

You don't say anything. File a report with the police. Keep a copy of the stay away order in your car, your house, your place of employment and your child's daycare provider. Make note of mom's vehicle, his vehicl etc and notify your work, your neighbors your friends that if they see this car around the house/work to notify you.

Ignore the accusation, he's an ass who is just blowing smoke. Cut off contact with grandma, if she is encouraging him then you need to stay away from her as well.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

What the other posters said - ditto. 

Remember that it's hard to not get upset about something like this.  Also, remember to rise above the garbage that's going on around you.  I, too, have had to deal with an ex that has severe problems.  Luckily he's stayed away from me and our daughter.  Just keep record of everything that is going on around you and continue to report it to the police.  If the harrassment continues go to court and put those two idiots in jail.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I agree with all the other moms.

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I agree with the other moms. If you say something to him it's just going to open the door to an arguement or him feeling like he can tell you whatever he wants. Plus if he's supposed to stay away, what were you going to do call him? It's best to just keep it to yourself, he probably did it just to be an ass and it get a rise out of you.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM

You don't say anything.  You call the police since he's violating the protective order.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN