Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

can YOU relate?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 10 Replies
4 moms liked this

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Sorry to say, but not really. Granted mine might be a bit older, 9-16, but they are independent. I saw this a few months ago on fb and shook my head. To me the above is a sign that its time to cut the cord so to speak.

amazingspice
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Yes my son wants to be held all the time now....He couldnt wait to walk n run  but now mommy hold me...!

goofygalno1
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

hahaha YES!!!  My son is 13 and can be so lazy at times!!  He will be standing by the fridge and open it to get something out, but then is like... can you get me a glass?  And I am not even by the cabinet!  lol  SMH! 

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM
My son asked me to help him with his homework while we were driving home the other day. He still rides in the back and was trying to show me a worksheet. Seriously?! Every now and then he does stuff like that hut it isn't common.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:03 AM

At 42 years young I have moments like this... missing my Mother.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Yup!

sweetspice03
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Oh yes!  Dd (6) tries to pull the "I can't walk" line in the store so she can sit in the cart seat or ride on the cart.  I just have her hold my hand or help me push the cart.  When she and ds (10) were younger, they both liked to eat from my plate, even though they had the same thing on theirs.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I didnt' deal with this when my daughter was younger. I made her try to at least do things on her own and made her be independent of 'needing' me.  Besidies, I was too dang lazy to do stuff like that. LOL!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM

lol yes i can in the morning i'm struggling out the door with eveything ds has a car and his drink i ask him to help he says no my hands are full... little booger

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Omg, yes! I can relate to all of these, except the first picture since I don't drive. Both of my boys are like this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)