Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever want to get remarried?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:30 PM
  • 36 Replies

I am in a relationship right now and even though we are "engaged" I don't feel engaged.  And I am not even really sure if I want to get married again.  I have discussed my feelings with him and there are a lot of reasons why I feel the way I do.

I just don't think I want to be married.  After my divorce I told myself I didn't want to get married again.  I feel like I rushed into things now like before with my ex.  What is wrong with me??  Am I so mentally unstable that I cannot have a man in my life that isn't so messed up??!!

He keeps telling me that my ex ruined me and that he's now paying for it.  I am wondering if he is right.  I sit and think about the possibilities of things not working out all the time.  I know that we have had so many arguments that we have called it quits and then tried to work on it. 

I always feel like I am in a tug of war.  Between him, my family, my son, work, etc...  I feel like I never really focused on myself.  I have gained so much weight and I know I am slowly killing myself everday because of it.

I know what I need to do, but I am always thinking about the lifestyle that he will be going back to.  Because he is a thoughtful person at times, but sometimes the things he says can be very hurtful as well.  Just not sure if I just take it the wrong way or what... 

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe try counseling

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this

For me if it happens it is good, if not I am still going to be good.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

this is why I said counseling cause you have not healed completely from your previous relationship and now it is becoming a part of your current one.

Quoting goofygalno1:

IHe keeps telling me that my ex ruined me and that he's now paying for it.  I am wondering if he is right.  I sit and think about the possibilities of things not working out all the time.  I know that we have had so many arguments that we have called it quits and then tried to work on it. 

goofygalno1
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Yeah I have thought about counseling.  They would probably red flag me for sure!!  hahah

goofygalno1
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Yeah, and I feel the same way sometimes.  It's not that I want my ex back because I don't.  He did some terrible things that are totally unforgivable.  I guess I am just still mad at how he treated my son and me.  My son doesn't have anything to do with him and I can totally understand that.  I just feel like I am scared that I will get into the same situation as before.  Being stuck in something that I will have to call quits to. 

I should just stay single... lol

Quoting virginiamama71:

this is why I said counseling cause you have not healed completely from your previous relationship and now it is becoming a part of your current one.

Quoting goofygalno1:

IHe keeps telling me that my ex ruined me and that he's now paying for it.  I am wondering if he is right.  I sit and think about the possibilities of things not working out all the time.  I know that we have had so many arguments that we have called it quits and then tried to work on it. 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

if you feel this man you have now is a complete different than the one before and will be better for you and your son, than take care of you and make yourself better first, than afterwards you will know you do not deserve to be single. :-)

Quoting goofygalno1:

Yeah, and I feel the same way sometimes.  It's not that I want my ex back because I don't.  He did some terrible things that are totally unforgivable.  I guess I am just still mad at how he treated my son and me.  My son doesn't have anything to do with him and I can totally understand that.  I just feel like I am scared that I will get into the same situation as before.  Being stuck in something that I will have to call quits to. 

I should just stay single... lol

Quoting virginiamama71:

Quoting goofygalno1:

Pink.Sunshine.
Taking a well needed break.
Yesterday at 1:32 AM
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM

not ever in this lifetime and I mean it. I hate sharing.

goofygalno1
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Haha maybe that's my deal too...lol\

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

Pink.Sunshine.
Taking a well needed break.
Yesterday at 1:32 AM
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I've shared for over a decade, uh..I ain't sharing no more lol..call me selfish. I"m going to be selfish till I die then. It's all about my kids and me right now.

Quoting goofygalno1:

Haha maybe that's my deal too...lol\

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Was married for 26 years.  My problem was I stayed too long in a miserable marrige.  He left me for another woman because he got her pregnant.  I would think if remarrying again IF the man I was with was totally right for me and I fell in love. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)