Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

In pain...I need insight, support...something.

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:58 AM
  • 15 Replies

For the past 6 1/2 months, I've been dealing with pain. Started off as a low back pain and cramping after my period would end. It was mild, not even enough to really think about. As time went on, it got worse. I'm now sitting here, low back killing me, stabbing pains going up my sides and near my ovaries, and pain near my kidneys. I get pain all around my vaginal area when close to, or having an orgasm. It's like a cramp that you get in your calf, but downstairs. 

Ive been to my OBGYN three times, and he just shoved birth control in my face. I went to a regular doctor and she did an exam, sent me for ultrasounds and blood tests, and we are now awaiting results. I'm calling tomorrow to check if they have them...I'm just worried. 

Im not pregnant, STD free, and she already ruled out PID. Anyone else ever experience this? 

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SheciaBaby
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Kidney infection ? Cysts? Can't call.timmorriw its Columbus day. When did u have your baby ?
brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Oh man I completely forgot...I had her 10 1/2 months ago. I'd think the urine sample they took would have showed an infection, right? I'm just desperate for relief. Tylenol doesn't help, and it usually helps me with every pain.

Quoting SheciaBaby:

Kidney infection ? Cysts? Can't call.timmorriw its Columbus day. When did u have your baby ?

SheciaBaby
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM
No.. Don't think so. Not for kidneys? Idk. I'm trying to help. Here's a bump

Quoting brittybby2010:

Oh man I completely forgot...I had her 10 1/2 months ago. I'd think the urine sample they took would have showed an infection, right? I'm just desperate for relief. Tylenol doesn't help, and it usually helps me with every pain.

Quoting SheciaBaby:

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:51 AM
I am sorry you are going through this... I had a similar experience many years ago. It is so frustrating not to get an answer and treatment. I was most shocked by the condescending and non compassionate gyno who suggested maybe I had psychological problems and didn't like sex. I am glad you are following up with another dr and hope you will find answers soon. But can I also suggest a change to a new gyno who is responsive to your concerns might be in order.
brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:56 AM

His treatment of me shocked me. H was awesome during my pregnancy. I just hate touching it out at school everyday, but I have to go. For my dd.

Quoting Mamavelt:

I am sorry you are going through this... I had a similar experience many years ago. It is so frustrating not to get an answer and treatment. I was most shocked by the condescending and non compassionate gyno who suggested maybe I had psychological problems and didn't like sex. I am glad you are following up with another dr and hope you will find answers soon. But can I also suggest a change to a new gyno who is responsive to your concerns might be in order.

heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Once you get the results and if they are normal and don't find anything, it could be endometriosis and indeed, BCP's (hormone therapy) is the treatment unless you want to go in for full hysterectomy or scraping.  It's a first step in correction.  Diagnostic for endo is invasive and uncomfortable, but if you are able to complete a couple months of hormone therapy and see an improvement or disappearance of your symptoms, you can pretty well confirm it's endo related.  This is all provided the pains correlate around your cycle. 

Urine sample could point out kidney infection/UTI and even kidney stones; however, not 100% accurate. You would need a CT with contrast to fully determine if you have kidney stones and they could cause these problems/pains as well.  If your OB discounts gynocological issues, return to your Primary and requst a CT for kidney stones, just to be sure.  

heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Oh, and I should mention, I have been dealing with the same killing pain which started nearly a year after my son was born (first child) and it gradually got worse.  I just went through the blood work and ultrasound, all normal. Started on hormone therapy.  Will see if improvement this month. I was previously diagnosed with endometriosis.  It's suspected that during my c-section, endo tissue escaped and has been able to free float wthin my abdomin and attaching everywhere. 

steviechick
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I have no med background and I haven't had any female problems.  But wanted to give you a hug in support.

group hug

RonaH
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Cyst prolly, sounds like what I had for ages when it finally ruptured because all the Dr.s kept trying to tell me I had gas.. I was like this is Not something gas-x is going to cure! I finally found a good Dr. that doesnt look for an easy out but actually tries to find the problem. Almost impossible to do these days. Good luck and insist on getting the right care.

xyxyxx
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM

When I was a teenager, I had a similar thing and it was my right ovary swelling when I would ovulate from my right ovary.  Mine was every other month, but I would be bent over in pain.  It felt like someone was stabbing me from the inside out.  My doctor put me on birth control and after a couple of months it went away.  Does it hurt to pee?  I have also had a UTI without the pain during peeing, but I did have the lower exterminity pain.  Just a few ideas.  I am sure the tests will help to determine the issue.  Good luck and feel better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN