Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am i rational in feeling this way??

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:44 AM
  • 5 Replies

So this will be my baby's first Christmas. Baby Daddys family doesnt want anything to do with her so I dont have to share BUT....My mom (first grandbaby) is a little overbearing which i semi-expected. She booked a cabin for the 25th and 26th in the next state for her, my stepdad, my bro and his gf, and me & the baby. She did this SIMPLY so she had dibs on the babys first Xmas. 

I am in the process of getting a job in retail therefore I already know that I will not be off on Dec. 26...theres no way especially with me being new. When i told her this she said that she'll just have to keep the baby while I drive back for work. I am NOT comfortable being that far away from my baby, especially when my mom is such a hard sleeper that she had the baby screaming in her ear and never woke up..I was there so it was okay, I could get to her. 

It hurt my moms feelings, but its my first baby, I already have anxiety being away from her, its christmas and a state away...Am i being too uptight?

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:49 AM
How old will your baby be?
txcountrymama
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:01 AM

She will be 8 months old

Quoting diaperstodating:

How old will your baby be?

heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Here's the thing:  If you are in the process of getting a job and not hired yet, you have the abliity to inform them right away that you will be out of town with family the 26th which was arranged before you started.  I would focus on that before stressing out about where to put the baby.  It's nearly 3 months from now and in today's employment world, you can't be guaranteed that job will even be there by then.  

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I agree with hertolisten. You have the upper hand on upcoming arranged time off as you aren't yet hired.  Once hired tell them that you have arranged time off with the family.  But, you also have to remember that the busiest time of the year will be the holidays.  However, the 26th is the day after Christmas.  Most businesses start to slow down accept for customer service (returns).  Not sure what your job is but management just might be a little more lax on after Christmas time-off. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I agree with this.  But in the end if you get the job and can't get off work it is up to you as to what you want to do regarding your child.  Don't let anybody force you to make a choice that you aren't comfortable with.

Quoting steviechick:

I agree with hertolisten. You have the upper hand on upcoming arranged time off as you aren't yet hired.  Once hired tell them that you have arranged time off with the family.  But, you also have to remember that the busiest time of the year will be the holidays.  However, the 26th is the day after Christmas.  Most businesses start to slow down accept for customer service (returns).  Not sure what your job is but management just might be a little more lax on after Christmas time-off. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)