Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I was actually stood up tonight!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:06 AM
  • 24 Replies

OMG. when will I learn that POF is full of fools?? I closed my POF account a week ago but decided to meet one last guy. He actually orig emailed me about 6 weeks ago. I emailed him back he said he never got it. He mesaged me again about a week ago told him i was closing my ad so text me his number which he did.

He is a some sort of law enforcement officer for the federal govt. I do not know if he works for the forest service or what but good looking clean cut guy in really good shape. I sent him a bunch of pics of me saying I probably need to lose a few lbs and not in the greatest shape but not obese or super overweight any any means but here are some recent acurrate pics. He said he thought i was good looking nice body/shape and that he was sure I could get back into shape in no time  and wanted to meet and that i seem really nice and genuine.We had small talk very civil conversation nothing nasty or racy at all.  I also darkened my hair and it turned out black and too dark and i sent him pics of that and he liked it even though I told him i looked like Elvira and it was really black. He laughed and said he thought it looked nice. So we planned to meet tonight at 730. i was running a few minutes late and called him at 740 saying i was 5 minutes away. He said no prob he is in front of the bar.

I walk up and I dont see anyone there but 2 transients. I wait for a few minutes and this guy walks by me on the phone and I ask him if his name is David and he says "Are you jennifer"? i said no and for a minute I wait until I realize i think that guy was him. He was totally ditching me. ?? He sends me a text 5 minutes later asking me where I am and if i am standing him up I am like "WTF?? I am here and that was you that asked me if I was Jennifer wasnt it.. You are so lame. " He totally high tailed it out of there when he saw me.  I call him and no answer.  so here we are. I realize I am no supermodel but i do not think i am that bad. I wore the below outfit..red top and blue skinny jeans and black ankle boots. Even if I wasnt his type how childish was it to totally ditch me after he saw me. this is me. what a shame he would do that

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Hugs! I was stood up by a POF asshole just Saturday. We texted and talked for 3 mos and then when we're supposed to meet he randomly stops texting. So instead I had ice cream with the love of my life my son :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate POF. Met a guy that was secretly still married on there...found him on fb and saw!

woodstock525
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

His loss.  Your gain in that you found out what kind of creep he is before you had to invest anything other than a little time.

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM

That completely sucks. I don't know all I got were a few guys asking about sex on pof, I deleted that account. I'm not having luck finding a guy in real life or online, but you'd think these "men" could be adults and not little boys about relationships and dating. Sounds like you lucked out that you saw what a jerk he was before dating him. Sorry hun.

drsdolphin
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I was stood up by my ex-boyfriend a few years ago. He was supposed to come pick me up but he never shown up at my house.  We were together for a long time. No phone call to tell me he was dumping me and it was over. It was like he just dissapeared out of my life. It was his cowards way out.  Found out from his friend he was cheating on me and thought I was too financially poor for him. I was devastated.   I am now happily married  for 11 years to a down to earth guy who does not have high expecations of me. And we have a precious 7 year old son together.

mommersx4
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Those men!!!! Did he ask you for additional pictures of you? I read somewhere that when they do that, they are very superficial. You are beautiful! It is not you...sadly, these on line dating sites, esp. the free ones draw a lot of liars and loosers and broke ones.

Callaly
by Jessica on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Im sorry that happened to you, men are assholes, and its him that is missing out not the other way around.

Funny story, I met my SO on POF, it took  a LONG time, and a lot of bad dates, and I don't know why.. I never closed the account, he messaged me we had AMAZING conversation and then he told me he had a girlfriend that it was a horrible relationship and he was looking for a way out.. I basically told him Im not a way out and he needs to find another girl because Im not dumb enough to fall for that line.

Well 2 or 3 months later the same guy (now SO) messages me to tell me that he really liked out conversation and he broke up with his Girlfriend.. I basically told him to go to hell I wasn't falling for that lol. 2 Months later I get ANOTHER message from him telling me that he is moving in June (2 years ago) and he would like to meet up because he really broke up with his girlfriend.. Don't ask me WHY but I messaged him back, had amazing conversation, and agreed (I still dont know why) to meet him that weekend. It was a messy start because we hit it off he was broken up with the girlfriend but still living with her (I hated it and so did he) but 2 years later, we are so happy, buying our first home together and planning for kids.

I don't know why I went on and on lol sorry, but I hope it will give you hope that you will meet someone that is worth your wild!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Thats terrible!!  I have a date this Saturday with a guy from POF hopefully I have better luck than the 2 of you!  Now you have me nervous!

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I have been on a ton of online dates and this is the first time this has happened. I wasn't expecting it from him. We had totally civil conversations online friendly and cordial and he had a few very recent pics if me including a not to flattering one. I hid nothing. He was not catfished in any way.
mrsary
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:42 PM
My sister met her husband on there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)