Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleeping on the floor

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 21 Replies
Because I don't have a bed. Yet I'm getting better sleep than I have in a long time. It's strange how things affect you once your on your own!!!
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lightoftheworld
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
That sucks, but its probably better than sleeping next to somebody you hate. Save your back and get a blow up mattress at least!
bbyblueAK
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:11 PM
At the moment i Don't even have money for that. I get paid next week and we need food and household stuff. That will have to wait

Quoting lightoftheworld:

That sucks, but its probably better than sleeping next to somebody you hate. Save your back and get a blow up mattress at least!

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I don't miss those days. Although I often lay on the floor when my back hurts.
CrystalYaris
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Oh gosh! My back would kill me for doing that lol the stiffness drm the floor adds unnecessary pressure on bulging disks in my back. But hey, if it's working for you for now, run with it! :) I hope you get something soon to be a bit more comfy!

bbyblueAK
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I hope so as well but the way its looking its going to be a Few months. I wake up sore and stiff sometime. Not my cup of tea but oh wells

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Oh gosh! My back would kill me for doing that lol the stiffness drm the floor adds unnecessary pressure on bulging disks in my back. But hey, if it's working for you for now, run with it! :) I hope you get something soon to be a bit more comfy!

bbyblueAK
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I wont miss them either. Lol. Once they are gone that is

Quoting cjsmom1:

I don't miss those days. Although I often lay on the floor when my back hurts.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:05 AM

i sometimes lay on the floor..

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Through most of middle school I slept on my bedroom floor instead of my bed because I found it to be more comfortable lol.  Hopefully you don't have to do this for to long!

mmpdrs07
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I totally understand the being to broke to do anything besides essentials.  I have been there for a while now and im just starting to dig out of that rut.  But I sleep on my couch most nights because I hate sleeping in my bed alone.  It's a little couch and really shorter than I am but I just curl up and sleep on it.  This week I had the joy of buying a new refriderator because mine went out.  

woodstock525
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM

If you can't afford a bed, contact the Salvation Army or United Way's First Call for Help.  They may be able to get you a bed for free.  Or you can join the local freecycle.org group online.  There may be several in your area.  These are regular folks who instead of throwing something out, will post it first online for someone to benefit from it...anything from clothes to furniture, coupons and more.  I outfitted a friend's entire nursury this way.  You can post a wanted on there and ask for a bed of X size and if someone has one available, they will respond and you arrange to pick up at their place.  Always, always, always, if you are going to someone's house to pick up, go with someone else for safety reasons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)