Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Time! Need encouragement and advice! Has anyone been going through this or has gone through it? Help! :)

Posted by   + Show Post
I am a single mom working 3 jobs (2 ft and 1 pt). I work every other weekend and have only 3 days off a month. My son is very active and we have supper to bedtime together and 1 precious weekend to ourselves.

Here is the issue: I have too much on my plate!! I took my second job with the understanding that I was hired for weekdays and they told me I had to work weekends as well (after they hired me..turns out they did not hire enough staff). If I didn't need the job I wouldn't take it.

I have friends getting married and having babies and all this stuff that I can NEVER be there for and its wearing me out and making me feel terrible.

I feel so stressed and never have time to just go and relax and the days I do have off are.. you guessed it! Spent running errands and doing the stuff for home.

I feel lost and like I can't go to see friends or anything.... I am a terrible friend. Phone calls just aren't doing it anymore. My sons activities eat up all of our free time

STRESSED! Help! I don't like this! I am no fun anymore. :(

Has anyone else gone through this?
How did you get through? Did you lose friends? I feel like I deserve to lose friends.

I missed 2 baby showers, 3 weddings, 1 baby visit and 5 funerals because of this. I just want to cry. I feel terrible..
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
Under1love
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
When I wanted to buy a home so my kids could have a better place I went back to school and worked 3 jobs but only 1 was FT. I admire your hard work and dedication to your children. I lost some friends through the trials and tribulations but if they can't understand then where they really friends. You seem like a proud mom willing to do whatever is neccessary! I would say ask for help. Friends can babysit for free. It took me a long time to realize that just bc DB BD left does not mean we are alone. You may not trust you babies to evryone but if there are one or two friends that you trust then ask them for help. When you miss an event be transperant about why. Real friends will step up and associates will step out. Hope this helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Two full time jobs?  How on earth are you able to function when you're working 17 hours (plus commute time) a day??  How can you even fit a PT job in there?  Where is your son while you're at work?  I would imagine the only time you could have for a PT job is the weekends, unless one of the FT jobs is on the weekends.  Wow.  IDK if the money would be worth it.  Maybe get a roommate? 

MomToNeeners
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I say you need to find a better paying full time job. I'm a nurse and I don't make as much as people seem to think, but me and my daughter live comfortably. We do wear designed clothes, but we get them gently used and I budget 3 months a head to make sure we can do things like maybe go to the zoo or something she loves to do. I would also look at what your expenses are and really examine how much you're spending. However I'm concerned since you're basically saying you work 100 hours a week.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I can relate.  it's hard for ppl to understand how busy we really are.  I've lost "friends" but then they weren't really friends, KWIM?  Hang in there.  Hugs.

Onmyown86
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I have not been in that situation holding down 3 jobs!(God bless your heart, that's a lot!!!) holding down one part-time job was hard for me due to my condition. I do want to praise you for all that you are doing as a mom and as a friend. Even though you miss some birthdays, weddings etc your friends should be able to understand that your needs for your child and home will always come first! I did lost friends due to me having kids, but that was my choice since i was a mom now and wanted to spend as much time with my babies and not hang out at the club or bars. So i'm now friendless when it comes to outside friends. Longest I have my kids and my sister then I'm happy. So please don't feel bad, good things will come to you and through it all your child will know that everything you did and been through was for his sack. you rock

Saurusmom8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. I work a ft job sleeping overnights 2 nights a week and every other weekend plus an added shift to the sat and sundays. I also work days 3-4 days a week plus short shifts the same weekend I work my other job. I also work a pt job 1 day a week and a 12 hour shift 1 weekend a month.

I refuse to work evenings so I can be with my son and have supper together and do homework and I cherish my 1 weekend off.

I feel so bad.. I wish I could be there for everyone but to be honest I can't. I just feel tired. I love what I do, I truly do. I love my son most. I just haven't been able to relax.. and I am so drained by the time days off come that I just feel spent...

I have taken some steps back tonight and really evaluated my time and priorities.

I just wanted to be able to have something to push off on for when I go back to school and be ahead a little and focus on school.

I do without a lot of comforts but my degree will be worth it. My son is in piano and TKD and scouting and those are what I took the pt job for because he is really active and I find so much good in these things for him.. I just get tired of having to explain my life to people and it hurts because my heart is there, but physically I am just not able to be.

I think I needed to vent. I needed to know others out there are still alive in the midst of busy lives.

Thank you. :)
Saurusmom8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I am actually wanting to go to school for Nursing. I am currently working as an aide/TMA. I truly love the work but it is high stress.

Thank you for the encouragement. :)

Quoting MomToNeeners:

I say you need to find a better paying full time job. I'm a nurse and I don't make as much as people seem to think, but me and my daughter live comfortably. We do wear designed clothes, but we get them gently used and I budget 3 months a head to make sure we can do things like maybe go to the zoo or something she loves to do. I would also look at what your expenses are and really examine how much you're spending. However I'm concerned since you're basically saying you work 100 hours a week.

MomToNeeners
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I'm sorry, you work as a MA and CNA but you don't make enough and you're working that many hours. You make more than I do and I'm a nurse. That's pretty insane that you can't seem to get things in order making more than $25,000 a year.

dcarter31
by New Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
thank You So Much For This Post I Needed To Read This Tonight!!! I'm A Single Mom With Two Kids Working 3 Jobs As Well..I'm An RN I Work 1 FT And PT And I Feel Like I Have Way To Much On My Plate And Not Enough Time To Myself Or With My Kids And Even Working That Hard I Still Struggle And I'm So Stressed Out!!! I'm Always Tired And To Make Matters Worse I Don't Like Where I Work:( So I Totally Relate To Your Struggle
steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I can't imagine having to work three jobs and raise kids.  I like the advice you have been given and I concur with it. Have you been able to at least work out some of your troubles with the advice you have been given?  Finding a roommate would help.  Finding a new job would also help cut down on having three jobs.  You need to look at the money issues you are facing hence the three jobs you need. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)