Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

No Time! Need encouragement and advice! Has anyone been going through this or has gone through it? Help! :)

Posted by   + Show Post
I am a single mom working 3 jobs (2 ft and 1 pt). I work every other weekend and have only 3 days off a month. My son is very active and we have supper to bedtime together and 1 precious weekend to ourselves.

Here is the issue: I have too much on my plate!! I took my second job with the understanding that I was hired for weekdays and they told me I had to work weekends as well (after they hired me..turns out they did not hire enough staff). If I didn't need the job I wouldn't take it.

I have friends getting married and having babies and all this stuff that I can NEVER be there for and its wearing me out and making me feel terrible.

I feel so stressed and never have time to just go and relax and the days I do have off are.. you guessed it! Spent running errands and doing the stuff for home.

I feel lost and like I can't go to see friends or anything.... I am a terrible friend. Phone calls just aren't doing it anymore. My sons activities eat up all of our free time

STRESSED! Help! I don't like this! I am no fun anymore. :(

Has anyone else gone through this?
How did you get through? Did you lose friends? I feel like I deserve to lose friends.

I missed 2 baby showers, 3 weddings, 1 baby visit and 5 funerals because of this. I just want to cry. I feel terrible..
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
Saurusmom8
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM
How on earth could a CNA/TMA make more than a nurse? THAT'S insanity. :(

I think the issue is my lack of time and where I live, no you cannot make it on one ft position as a CNa. (Sorry.. caps mishap).

I am sorry you are making less as a nurse. That's terrible. Of course region can make a difference.

Quoting MomToNeeners:

I'm sorry, you work as a MA and CNA but you don't make enough and you're working that many hours. You make more than I do and I'm a nurse. That's pretty insane that you can't seem to get things in order making more than $25,000 a year.

Saurusmom8
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:15 PM
No roomates. I already pay pretty low for rent and drive a used fully paid for vehicle.

Its our area. I would have to finish my degree to find that one job and that what part of it is for. So I can get ahead on my expenses enough to go to school and finish that degree.

I live in the sw corner of MN. Its not the best here for pay.

I have evaluated my expenses, there is nothing more to cut. I don't agree that my son should have to give up piano or martial arts. Those are things that invest in his confidence.

Because of insurance, I take home less.

My frustration is not having enough time to go to things and see friends because of work. But.. like said from above.. true friends will understand.

Quoting steviechick:

I can't imagine having to work three jobs and raise kids.  I like the advice you have been given and I concur with it. Have you been able to at least work out some of your troubles with the advice you have been given?  Finding a roommate would help.  Finding a new job would also help cut down on having three jobs.  You need to look at the money issues you are facing hence the three jobs you need. 

MomToNeeners
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Quoting Saurusmom8:

I think the issue is my lack of time and where I live, no you cannot make it on one ft position as a CNa. (Sorry.. caps mishap).

I am sorry you are making less as a nurse. That's terrible. Of course region can make a difference.

Quoting MomToNeeners:

I'm sorry, you work as a MA and CNA but you don't make enough and you're working that many hours. You make more than I do and I'm a nurse. That's pretty insane that you can't seem to get things in order making more than $25,000 a year.

No, you said you work 100 hours a week...you would make more than I do working that much.

Saurusmom8
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I misread your post. I apologize. No, actually I did not say I work 100 hours a week. That was what someone else had said. I do work I work about 80 hours a week though. FT is 34 hours a week.

Quoting MomToNeeners:

Quoting Saurusmom8:

Quoting MomToNeeners:

No, you said you work 100 hours a week...you would make more than I do working that much.

Saurusmom8
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I am sorry you have to go through it as well.

Quoting dcarter31:

thank You So Much For This Post I Needed To Read This Tonight!!! I'm A Single Mom With Two Kids Working 3 Jobs As Well..I'm An RN I Work 1 FT And PT And I Feel Like I Have Way To Much On My Plate And Not Enough Time To Myself Or With My Kids And Even Working That Hard I Still Struggle And I'm So Stressed Out!!! I'm Always Tired And To Make Matters Worse I Don't Like Where I Work:( So I Totally Relate To Your Struggle

Saurusmom8
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Quoting dcarter31:

thank You So Much For This Post I Needed To Read This Tonight!!! I'm A Single Mom With Two Kids Working 3 Jobs As Well..I'm An RN I Work 1 FT And PT And I Feel Like I Have Way To Much On My Plate And Not Enough Time To Myself Or With My Kids And Even Working That Hard I Still Struggle And I'm So Stressed Out!!! I'm Always Tired And To Make Matters Worse I Don't Like Where I Work:( So I Totally Relate To Your Struggle

Saurusmom8
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Quoting dcarter31:

Saurusmom8
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Quoting dcarter31:

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay, I read all of this.  

Full time- from a federal law standpoint (which is what most people are basing their answers on) is 40 hours a week.  Anything else is part time (by law). 

My suggestion- drop a job or two.  If that lets you qualify for assistance, get it.  In the meantime, file for bankruptcy and get the meidcal bills off your back.  Look at your fiances and get back in school.  

Stress will literally kill you.

Saurusmom8
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Thanks! FT from my place of work is 36 hours but yes, it is technically 40 hours.

I actually just did cut my hours this week (willingly) after stepping back and seeing what I could cut.

I cannot afford to drop all of my work. Sorry. Its not going to happen. But I did find a program that will work with pt working hours and help me finsih my degree. :)

I agree with bankruptcy. Thank you so much for your advice.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Okay, I read all of this.  

Full time- from a federal law standpoint (which is what most people are basing their answers on) is 40 hours a week.  Anything else is part time (by law). 

My suggestion- drop a job or two.  If that lets you qualify for assistance, get it.  In the meantime, file for bankruptcy and get the meidcal bills off your back.  Look at your fiances and get back in school.  

Stress will literally kill you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN