Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

daycare troubles!

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:05 AM
  • 12 Replies
Anyone have any suggestions on getting daycare for weekend and holidays...the normal 9 to 5 Monday through Friday is not the typical anymore but yet the day cares are also closed and I'm supposed to work
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM
When I started my job I was on call variable there were home child cares that were 24 hours in our area
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Check near hospitals a lot of nurses need random hour child care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thaoneshya
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I live right up the road from one....no luck yet...

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Check near hospitals a lot of nurses need random hour child care

thaoneshya
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I think allot of it is I work 7am and its to early

Quoting LifeCafe42:

When I started my job I was on call variable there were home child cares that were 24 hours in our area

kitty8199
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM
What about home daycare
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thaoneshya
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM
That's where I have been looking because I know the public ones are not open weekend or holidays
dawncs
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Have you tried Sittercity.com or Care.com to look for a babysitter? You might have better luck hiring someone to babysit them than finding a daycare center. There used to be a six day a week 24 hour childcare center in my area that used to advertise, but I have not heard anything more about it in the past few years.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 20, 2013 at 6:44 AM
The lady I went to I could drop him off at 2 am and it was fine. Good luck

Quoting thaoneshya:

I think allot of it is I work 7am and its to early

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToNeeners
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I would look at all the resources in your community. I don't work 9 to 5 pm either, however my day care lady is a family friend and helps out sooo much! 

I would ask the state, because they will know who's licensed and also ask people in your community because they will know the best.

star33
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:51 PM

yes. definitely ask around. my dad helps me when the daycare is closed. i just haven't found a good sitter. my friend helps sometimes, but she won't on wkends, which i work.

Quoting MomToNeeners:

I would look at all the resources in your community. I don't work 9 to 5 pm either, however my day care lady is a family friend and helps out sooo much! 

I would ask the state, because they will know who's licensed and also ask people in your community because they will know the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)