Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

what kinda mom??

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 12 Replies
what kind of mom did u thank u would be before kids.and what kinda mom are u now?

i thought i would be healthy. no yelling,peaceful,no single ,all was happy ..never give up..teaching my kids the wright way ..no tv ..only educational stuff ..

i say hahahahahahaha to that mom...
i do try to be peaceful,happy ..and concentrate on education.but we do get junk some times,i do yell,i try not to give up .but some times it snot worth the fight..
but i do my best ..

ur turn..
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bribriesmom
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I told myself I would not be like my mother. So far, so good. I didn't stay with her father out of convienence when he is unhealthy for both of us. Most importantly, I tell my daughter I love her, give her affection and if I do yell out if impatience, I apologize. So I am the type of mother so far I want to be.
Cenedra64
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I was never planning to be a mom when it happened. No preconceived notions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Before I had kids I had no intentions on ever being a mom so I guess I can't really answer this question.  

MomToNeeners
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I was told I would never have kids, so I never really thought about it. And then I got pregnant with my daughter during nursing school...LOL

star33
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:57 PM

i'm kinda the mom i imagined. i like reading bedtime stories, going to the park, going to church. i did picture us having picnics at the park. we go to the zoo, play sports. i didn't plan on being a single mom, but oh well. 

lucasmadre
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I think I didn't realize how hard it would be so I struggle more than I thought I would. I second guess myself... thought I would be more sure of myself, I wonder if what I am doing is the best thing for my son. I am a very loving mom though and that is something I knew I could/would be. Toughest job you'll ever love!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I think I am how I had hoped but it's never exactly how is planned
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Quoting Cenedra64:

I was never planning to be a mom when it happened. No preconceived notions.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Same here.  Growing up I never had any desire to have kids so I never really thought about it.

Quoting Nisha929:

Before I had kids I had no intentions on ever being a mom so I guess I can't really answer this question.  

heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this

I am the kind of mother I hoped I would be; however, I didn't expect to be a SINGLE mother and therefore didn't expect to shoulder the entire responsibility on my own 24/7 which leads to overwhelm and frustration at times and lapse in some of the peaceful, serene mothering that I had hoped to be able to provide. Other than that, I am the type of mother I always wanted to be.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN