Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't stand my unborn child's father

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 10 Replies

My birth control was faulty to say the least. I had started dating him right after my AF, close to ovulation, and I thought my birth control was working....obviously not. I am 10 weeks pregnant, I had dumped him already before I found out I was pregnant, then I found out and I told him. He can financially take care of the the baby's needs, but he is controlling, judgmental, and just an asshole all in all. I am terrified that because he has money he will try to take the baby away, I am not rich, and don't have a lot but I have enough, and the baby would never need anything. I am just scared because he said he would take custody from me, and since he is from Jamaica he said he would take the baby with him, and not come back. I am so scared. I can't stand him! 

by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beeka8706
by New Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

i feel ya mama i cant stand my babys father thats why i left him im due in five weeks and hes threatened me with taking my son away as long as you show them that you can show that you can provide and take care of the baby you will be fine. hugs

yomammabluffy
by New Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

He has to prove you are unfit to get full physical custody. If he can't prove that at best he will get 50/50 physical custody. If you are in the US, both parents must be physically present to get a passport for a minor. Sure there are other ways around it, I don't know how shady he is. Whether you like him or not, you should do what is best for your child. If he is a good father, it is best for the child to be with both of you equally. Don't get a head of yourself. If you will be breast feeding, a judge probably won't grant him overnights with the baby until he is weaned. I don't think you have to think about all this until the kid is about a year old. For all you know after having the kid at this place for a week he might be like screw this it's too hard! Just hang in there and take care of today.

sweetsavannah10
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Just because he has money doesn't mean he can take your child away. Here is a bump for more advice because my situation is a bit different than yours. I hope everything works out for ya!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

dineo-m
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't let him intimidate u,even if he has money.Jst concentrate on been healthy and takin care of urself.I knw this is not easy bt try to make it work, pray for guidance and strength
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyLiLBlessinz
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
He can't take your baby away from you, he can try and get parental rights but it can be clearly stated he can't leave the state or what ever when he sees the baby. You can also get child support from him. Has he given you any money during the pregnancy so far... that will play a part in things too. Don't worry about it no one is going to take your baby
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Find a good lawyer and get it written up now, even though they won't do anything until baby is born, what you want in cs, custody etc. Including no leaving the state.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
He may take off for Jamaica and never return too, just so he doesn't have to pay cs. Since most the time overnight visits aren't until one you have about 18-19 mos before then. Don't worry too much.

Quoting yomammabluffy:

He has to prove you are unfit to get full physical custody. If he can't prove that at best he will get 50/50 physical custody. If you are in the US, both parents must be physically present to get a passport for a minor. Sure there are other ways around it, I don't know how shady he is. Whether you like him or not, you should do what is best for your child. If he is a good father, it is best for the child to be with both of you equally. Don't get a head of yourself. If you will be breast feeding, a judge probably won't grant him overnights with the baby until he is weaned. I don't think you have to think about all this until the kid is about a year old. For all you know after having the kid at this place for a week he might be like screw this it's too hard! Just hang in there and take care of today.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep a written record of everything he says and does. As soon as the baby is born file for sole physical and legal custody. He will probably get visitation.
Mandi2356
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Thank you ladies i appreciate the advice and support. Hugs to all of you!
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree

Quoting cjsmom1:

Keep a written record of everything he says and does. As soon as the baby is born file for sole physical and legal custody. He will probably get visitation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)