Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Does your family still consider your ex to be a part of the family?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 22 Replies

Most of my family (mom, stepdad, brothers, stepmom, cousins) do not still consider my ex-husband to be a part of the family except for the sake of the kids.

My dad though, does consider him to be one of his sons and I find it so annoying that he often asks me how my ex is doing (as if I care, lol).

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM

My most recent ex...no. However my ex from high school and another guy I dated are still well liked by my family. They've been told that they can call or visit whenever they like. I'm okay with that because I have no hard feelings toward them. My kids father was never liked so that would be a HELL NO...lol.  

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM
yes .my ex is involved wth my family.he goes fishing wth my dad and come to stuff we have .party,cmas. went to a few funerals..after 12 together 8 apart almost 20 all in all .he is part of fam.
dineo-m
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Yes,sometimes I get annoyed bt at the same time I cnt get rid of him cauz we hav kids together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Not at all.

Quoting Misha1204:

Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM

No.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Yes. We've known each other for 12 years now and are often invited to each others family events. His sister introduces me as her sil and we talk regularly.
paige8608
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Haha! No! They never thought of my ex a part of the family. First of all, we were never married. We were together for a few years, but that's all. He was a part of some family functions, mostly our son's Bday and Christmas. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Never did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:09 AM
No. He never was.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)