Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I don't know if I can do this anymore

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:20 AM
  • 38 Replies

I have a 1 year old and 2 year old. Both boys. Only 10 months apart. My Husband who is the father to both left us when I was 7 months prego with my youngest. It's been over a year since he has seen them or even asked about them. I am in over my head. 

They sure are a handful and I have never have a dull moment because of them. I have my scary moments with them as well... They know how to open and unlock every single door and window. They have escaped out front a handful of times but about a month ago I went to switch loads of laundry and I heard a car horn honk all crazy and right after I heard the honking I heard a scream I dread hearing... I ran outside (In only underwear) and there is Joshua (my oldest) in the driveway crying.. I'm hysterically asking him where Jacob (my youngest) is and I look down the street where there are 3 cars that are stopped in the middle of the street.... Of course when I see that the worst comes to mind.... I ran down the street towards the cars screaming "Please God no Please God" (also screaming Jacob's name) I then hear Jacob laugh and I look to my left. There he is... in the neighbors yard laughing at me while people are now driving through since there are no more kids in the street... staring at me since I am in my underwear juggling 2 kids back inside the house while still hysterically crying.

Today the dresser  fell on top of Jacob along with the TV and DVD player and lamp... I thought something was broken for sure.. Nope he's fine. I pulled him out and he says, "UH OH" I am still shaking because of it.

They don't listen to me anymore and I just want to quit :(

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SheciaBaby
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this
What's your discipline like?
Have any gates up? I'd stick to doing chores only when they are asleep. Seems irresponsible if you admit they can unlock the doors and you left them Alone. And how a dresser fell on one of them... I don't even want to know! Something has to give. You really need a new system
Salley23
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I have never left them alone. Gates don't work. They climb over them or kick them down. Sorry my kids are smart and have observed how to unlock deadbolts. The dresser fell on him because he likes to climb things, you know typical boy behavior...

Quoting SheciaBaby:

Have any gates up? I'd stick to doing chores only when they are asleep. Seems irresponsible if you admit they can unlock the doors and you left them Alone. And how a dresser fell on one of them... I don't even want to know! Something has to give. You really need a new system

SheciaBaby
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids are smart as well,smart enough to know you unlock and run out that door you have to deal with mom. And dealing with not having to play Wii or my 20 month old getting her favorite toy or a pop on the hand its something that work. Like checks and balances. My children don't embarrass me. They are spoiled rotten but when its life or death... There's no extra options. Get a chain lock higher. They can't get it. And if u didn't leave them alone.. How the hell did u watch them unlock the door before u pushed yourself on the door and said no

Quoting Salley23:

I have never left them alone. Gates don't work. They climb over them or kick them down. Sorry my kids are smart and have observed how to unlock deadbolts. The dresser fell on him because he likes to climb things, you know typical boy behavior...

Quoting SheciaBaby:

SheciaBaby
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:37 AM
And my main question remains.. What is your discipline like?
Salley23
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I was down the hall switching a load of laundry.. I had a gate up but like I said they are one and two...  They feed off of each other and test me like no other. With Joshua (2yr) I spank him. With Jacob (1yr) I don't spank because he laughs at me and mocks me so I'll put him in his crib for time outs. 

I do the best I can.. I have taught both of them how to swim because we have a pool DON'T WORRY THERE IS A GATE AROUND THAT before you start accusing me of not having one! I am tired, I am depressed, I have nothing but love to give them and sadly they get tired of me and act out!

Quoting SheciaBaby:

And my main question remains.. What is your discipline like?

mrsary
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:45 AM
It gets better. Trust me! I too was miserable with toddlers. The 1st 5 years are the worst with kids close in age. Its like having infants on crack! Use double stroller, sleep when they sleep, google ways to lock yourselves into the house, and idk what to do about the TV. I had a hard time controlling mine at that age too. Good luck.
tiniowien
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Kids test limits mama, sorry mine does too

as for the dresser this is why you anchor stuff to the wall 

Salley23
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Thank you for not being rude and making me feel like more of a failure than I already do. People are so rude for no reason! I will start googling now! thank u

Quoting mrsary:

It gets better. Trust me! I too was miserable with toddlers. The 1st 5 years are the worst with kids close in age. Its like having infants on crack! Use double stroller, sleep when they sleep, google ways to lock yourselves into the house, and idk what to do about the TV. I had a hard time controlling mine at that age too. Good luck.

Salley23
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:48 AM

I never knew about the anchors... I'm going to ask my brother to do that for me!

Quoting tiniowien:

tiniowien
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Anchor anything heavy, furniture, tvs..even more so if the object is top heavy. 

Quoting Salley23:

I never knew about the anchors... I'm going to ask my brother to do that for me!

Quoting tiniowien:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)