Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Welcome to the Single Moms Group! Introduce Yourself & Get Started Here!

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
  • 341 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Single Moms group!  This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other single moms like you!

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

If you have any questions, please let me know here or send me a private message.  I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrym0mmy26
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM
8 moms liked this

Hello ladies I'm Jessica 26 years old and from a small northern town in Michigan called Wolverine. I'm a single mother to my amazing seven year old son Scotty. I'm been a single mom since I was 4 months pregnant with my son because his dad wasn't ready for the responsibility of being a dad so I decided it was the best for me to just raise him on my own. I'm hoping to make some really good friends on here hope you all have a wonderful day :)

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Hi Jessica, welcome to the group.  I love the name of your town, how fun!

Quoting countrym0mmy26:

Hello ladies I'm Jessica 26 years old and from a small northern town in Michigan called Wolverine. I'm a single mother to my amazing seven year old son Scotty. I'm been a single mom since I was 4 months pregnant with my son because his dad wasn't ready for the responsibility of being a dad so I decided it was the best for me to just raise him on my own. I'm hoping to make some really good friends on here hope you all have a wonderful day :)

jeramiahsmom808
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM
3 moms liked this

hi I am obvously a single mom and I have a 5 year old.  we live with my parents while I am attempting to put my new bachelor's degree in use and land a postion in the famiy and human services feild

Bossmansmama
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello, 

My name is Brandi and I have a lil boy named Aiden that will b 2 Nov. 1st. I jus recently became a single mother and I am still tryin to adjust on doin all ths on my own and learning how to deal wit my sons confusion on y mommy and daddy dont live together any more n y I have to tell him no whn hes crying for daddy. If anybody has any advice on how to deal wit these things I would greatly appreciate it and am open to ne and all suggestions on things to help my son to learn how cope wit the whole situation. My son has never known anything other than mommy and daddy always being together n all livinig n the same house. He was always very attached to his dad n I kno all ths has been super hard on him I cn c it n his behavior and emotions. I kno hes only fixn to b 2 but I kno n my heart that he knows things are different and that things are not the same that hes been used to his entire life. It breaks my heart everytime he crys for his dad or wakes up n the middle of the nite cryin for him n I have to tell him daddy isnt here n the look of confusion n not understandin on his face jus kills me n breaks my heart. So like I said if nebody has ne suggestions or any advice I would love to hear it plz im open to anything that will help n b benifital to my son n myself 

CWmom4
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi. I'm Kim and I'm a single mother to wonderful little boy whose 4.  We have been on our own since 2 weeks before he was born when his dad decided he didn't want us.  His dad has been in and out of our lives for the past 4 years and has now suddenly decided that he wants to have a steady relationship with my son.   My son is having a really hard time adjusting to this change in his routine and it looks like I am going to be forced to take legal action pretty soon.   My son is normally a happy smiling little boy but has been having mood swings and started having potty accidents.  I feel so terrible as there is nothing that I can do change this.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Welcome to the group Mary!  Is your daughter living at home or on her own?

Quoting marywmomof1:

Hi all Im Mary a 38 year old single mom my daughter is 22

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Hi there!  Congrats on your new degre!  :)

Quoting jeramiahsmom808:

hi I am obvously a single mom and I have a 5 year old.  we live with my parents while I am attempting to put my new bachelor's degree in use and land a postion in the famiy and human services feild

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Hi Brandi, welcome (and happy birthday to Aiden)!  Does he spend any time with his dad since your breakup?

Quoting Bossmansmama:

Hello, 

My name is Brandi and I have a lil boy named Aiden that will b 2 Nov. 1st. I jus recently became a single mother and I am still tryin to adjust on doin all ths on my own and learning how to deal wit my sons confusion on y mommy and daddy dont live together any more n y I have to tell him no whn hes crying for daddy. If anybody has any advice on how to deal wit these things I would greatly appreciate it and am open to ne and all suggestions on things to help my son to learn how cope wit the whole situation. My son has never known anything other than mommy and daddy always being together n all livinig n the same house. He was always very attached to his dad n I kno all ths has been super hard on him I cn c it n his behavior and emotions. I kno hes only fixn to b 2 but I kno n my heart that he knows things are different and that things are not the same that hes been used to his entire life. It breaks my heart everytime he crys for his dad or wakes up n the middle of the nite cryin for him n I have to tell him daddy isnt here n the look of confusion n not understandin on his face jus kills me n breaks my heart. So like I said if nebody has ne suggestions or any advice I would love to hear it plz im open to anything that will help n b benifital to my son n myself 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Hi Kim!  Welcome to the group.  I bet your little guy really is having a hard time.  Have you considered any sort of therapy to help him learn to adjust?

Quoting CWmom4:

Hi. I'm Kim and I'm a single mother to wonderful little boy whose 4.  We have been on our own since 2 weeks before he was born when his dad decided he didn't want us.  His dad has been in and out of our lives for the past 4 years and has now suddenly decided that he wants to have a steady relationship with my son.   My son is having a really hard time adjusting to this change in his routine and it looks like I am going to be forced to take legal action pretty soon.   My son is normally a happy smiling little boy but has been having mood swings and started having potty accidents.  I feel so terrible as there is nothing that I can do change this.

Mama_03_09
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi my name is Jessica im 28 yrs old and a single mom of 3 girls, ages 9,3 and 23 months. I feel I live a hectic life of work and kids, maintaing a house hold and working I dont have anytime to myself so when I want to sit and relax the two younger ones want to be underneath me? Any suggestions on how to get them NOT to be clinging to me when im in there presences?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN