Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Guilty Feelings

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

Do any of you ever feel like you just don't spend enough time playing with and teaching your lo? This week, every day after work I pick up lo and we have to go somewhere and by the time we get home, it's either Di net, bath, bed or maybe a little play time, but I am so exhausted I barely play! I hate it...I feel soo guilty not having the energy to really play and create valuable lessons for him! 

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
alexis_06
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this

i feel like that lately...i've been working alot of 9-530's..so by the time i get home its 6...then we have dinner, shower, i help with whatever homework she didnt finish beforehand, and then dd is in bed by 745ish...thankfully tomorrow is a pro d day, and i requested the day off, so its gonna be a day filled with fun  :)

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:02 AM
I feel that way too
steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM

During the work/school week it is hard to schedule the time that you do have in the evenings.  Not every night has extra free time for play time.  Getting school work done is important.  Perhaps on Saturday you can make up the time that you lost during the week to have play time.  Like in the mornings after breakfast? 

Callaly
by Jessica on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I feel like that too, I work 8:30 to 5pm, by the time i get home, its eat dinner, bath time and bed, and weekends she goes to her dads but atleast I get to see her so I cant complain because prior to this job I was working 2pm to 11pm and never got to spend evenings with her, broke my heart.

27Peanuts
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I am going through something trivial now too. And I spend what I can...but I sometimes feel guilty when I need time for myself...or other grown ups. My son is 7 but I still feel guilty ...someday he'll be a teenager and he won't want to...or won't have as much time for me as much as he does now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)