Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Advice 4 a newly single mama? :/

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

After 8 yrs of being with the father of my children 3 weeks ago he decided to end the relationship. He left me with our 6 yr old & a fresh 2 week old (now 6 weeks old). I'm stressed to the max! Any advice for a newly single mom? Any hopefully words?!

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
strongerwtime
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this

So sorry this happened. My best advice is to make sure that you and the kids have what you need. You can't count on him...even if he pops back up, you still have to be on guard.  Not sure if you are working on not or what your support system as far as family goes...but staying connected is good.  Its a real stressful time...you just had a baby, and emotions are tougher to deal with...but you can come out on top. Prayer..reading positive books, articles...I know your hands are full right now with kids, one being new, but you just have to keep moving forward. Your kids need you.  Ask for help from friends if there are any near you. Take help when offered. Even if its just someone taking out the trash...it all adds up.  Not sure what the reasons are behind him leaving but it doesnt matter..i just hope you dont take him back unless he's coming back correct! The last thing you need is a yoyo man in your life and the kids life. 

Misha1204
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't have said this better myself.

Quoting strongerwtime:

So sorry this happened. My best advice is to make sure that you and the kids have what you need. You can't count on him...even if he pops back up, you still have to be on guard.  Not sure if you are working on not or what your support system as far as family goes...but staying connected is good.  Its a real stressful time...you just had a baby, and emotions are tougher to deal with...but you can come out on top. Prayer..reading positive books, articles...I know your hands are full right now with kids, one being new, but you just have to keep moving forward. Your kids need you.  Ask for help from friends if there are any near you. Take help when offered. Even if its just someone taking out the trash...it all adds up.  Not sure what the reasons are behind him leaving but it doesnt matter..i just hope you dont take him back unless he's coming back correct! The last thing you need is a yoyo man in your life and the kids life. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrZBurgos
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM
He claims he wasn't "in love" with me anymore. It was a sudden & unexpected. In the last 2 yrs our relationship had taken on a lot of stress. I lost 2 babies, once I got pregnant it was a rough one, & of coarse money. I thought we'd come out on top once all calmed down but instead it took a turn for the worse. I've tried to stay as positive as possible but it's never easy. Ty you for the advice, my family has takin myself & kids in till I get on my feet.
alexis_06
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*

alexis_06
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:25 AM

very well said!! :)

Quoting strongerwtime:

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs and welcome! Take each day as it comes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. Do you two still talk? You need to go to court and file for sole physical and legal custody so that he can't try to run off with the kids (this is the first thing I recommend for any single mom).

MrZBurgos
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM

We're currently undergoing a nasty custody battle. He gave me till the end of oct to move out so not havin a job he forced me to have to move to Arizona with my parent till I got on my feet. My lawyer has filed to petition for me to stay in Az & full custody. Prayers welcomed...

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to our group.  I am so sorry to hear about everything you are going through and hope that things work out for you! group hug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)