Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Online Dating: OMG So many responses!

Posted by   + Show Post

I just want to know what is "normal" for responses to an online dating profile. I have never done this before, and I had a real heart break this past week. So I decided that I needed to "get back on the horse," so to speak, and I filled out a profile at ChristianMingle.com, just for fun.

That was three hours ago.

I have over 50 hits on my profile and about 15 emails. Some are from REALLY GOOD LOOKING MEN, and they're all in my neck of the woods.

I am completely floored! Is this normal? For those of you who are doing this regularly, do you have any tips for me? I'm replying to these guys, but now I'm wondering if that makes me an "online dating ho!" LOL!

HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLP!!!

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Replies (51-51):
austenheroine
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:47 AM

That is cool, and very hopeful! Thanks for your reply.

So far I have blocked 2 of them, but I have a date on Saturday with one who seems pretty normal. I figure, it's just dinner, not a relationship. I think if I keep it light and superficial and don't take it too seriously, it is something to help me post-breakup and also give me the self-confidence I need to move forward. I agree with you, it takes a while to weed them out.

Quoting tiafez:

hang in there, somewhere in the middle of the horn dogs and creepy guys is a good one. I met my other half at match. It took a while to weed out the bad ones. I was disappointed many times with what they figureda few e-mails would get them. A couple kept forgetting I wasa Mom with Mom responsiblities. But I found a good one and we've been together over 12 yrs now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN