Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Happy alone?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 15 Replies

I just suffered a tragic breakup. I was planning to marry my boyfriend, I had so many ideas and I really felt like he felt the same way, but he broke up with me because in 3 months he's leaving to go in the army and after training be on tour for 3 years. I was ready to go with him, but he says it won't work. 

So, after mourning for two weeks (I'm still mourning) I've decided to live alone. I don't want to give my heart away again. I'm thinking I just need a good friend or two or more, and I'll be fine. If he ever comes back for me I know I would let him, but I can't just sit around waiting especially without a promise. 

Is anyone else single and loving it?

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToNeeners
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a friend that is, but that's a whole state of being and life. It's not something you can just randomly decide on.

I wish I could, but I need someone physically and I'm not talking about just sex. Sometimes I need to steal their body heat when it's cold....LOL

bluedeaj
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

For right now, I am happy alone.  I have zero interest in dating anyone, but we are recently separated over here.  My ex husband and I were married about 6 1/2yrs when the decision was made to separate/divorce.  Our divorce was completed about two weeks after our 7yr wedding anniversary.  So, we technically separated this past June so it's only been four months.  There is NO WAY I'm going to go back into another relationship anytime soon.

So for now yes, I am happy and single :)

kristinas8
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Quoting MomToNeeners:

I have a friend that is, but that's a whole state of being and life. It's not something you can just randomly decide on.

I wish I could, but I need someone physically and I'm not talking about just sex. Sometimes I need to steal their body heat when it's cold....LOL

While I was married to my 2nd husband he was so "absent" that I felt like I was on my own. I also had an aunt and a great aunt that never married. I feel like it is a whole other state of being and life. But, things change over time, or maybe we just realize what we've needed all along wasn't what we thought it was. 

lazyd
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I know people say you'll get lonely or be alone, but i think as long as you have friends you are never lonely.  Maybe at night you might be alone, but i don't have a problem with that.  I don't mind being lonely and alone.  I am making new friends and I won't have to take care of them!  LOL!

pedritosmama
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I am single and loving it.  However, I do not believe you are in that place.  You have only been broken up for 2 weeks.  Of course you don't want someone else right now.  That is a good thing!  But you won't always feel that way.

I have been single for one year and a half.  I know that I am happy alone at this point. 

Most single women go through waves of being happy alone, and then lonely and wanting someone.  It is normal for what you want to change. 

You are definitely not in any place to make any long-lasting decisions right now.  Just be flexible and open to the possibilities.  You will go through a lot of changes in what you want for the next year or so.

alexis_06
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM

i've been single for 10 yrs...i'm not loving it anymore...when dd was a baby, it was fine..but shes 9.5 now..i'm ready to find love!! its just not happening :(

sid1083
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I've learned to be happy being single. But I find missing the adult companionship and have no intention on purposely staying single forever. But if that's how things turn out, so be it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Just remember...there is a difference between being ALONE and being LONELY... I have been in relationships where I was not alone but was lonely... if I can't be in a relationship and not feel lonely then I would rather be alone...I am a whole lot happier since my divorce...I am not alone since I am a single parent, full time nurse , mother of a child in "AP" classes in school and a band member, and busy with LIFE...takes time to get in THIS PLACE though.,, so give yourself time

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I had one relationship since my sons "father" that was 2 years ago I like being single people thing I'm weird but I do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laughandlive
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I am single and loving it. It has it times when I wish I had an extra hand to help out with dr appts or just in general... but I like where I am. I don't have to worry about someone else's schedule or what they want to do. I can make my own decisions that are best for me and my boy and that is it. I think to myself one day when the boy is older (he is 6 now) maybe I'll venture out into the dating world.. but I think I will be so used to being on my own and doing what I want when I want to do it I will probably be single forever lol Time will tell I guess!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN