Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Need Advice

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:53 PM
  • 6 Replies

So let me run something by you to see if I'm going to do something about it or not.  Apparantly my ex has been halfway across the country for the past week and won't be back until next Friday.  He has been texting me as if he's been at home this whole time and has been going about business like he's home.  I'm not sure why he didn't tell me, but whatever.  So his new wife has adjusted her schedule so that she can pick up my son when he's normally picked up and he's been spending time with her all week.  Now, I don't mind if they spend some time together, but that's taking time away from me.  If I go out of town, I let them know and DS stays with them.  So my question is--should I tell him that when he goes out of town then he stays with me or should I just drop it.  She doesn't have custody with him, he does and if he died tomorrow, she wouldn't share custody with me.  So if he goes out of town, I should be able to spend a little more time with MY child, right?  Going to confront him about lying to me anyway, just want to know how to handle future business trips.  

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
FirstTimeMama21
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I think he should spend the time with you if he is out of town. Your request isn't unreasonable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IBNeaters
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Thanks.  I hate to be nit picky and I'm really trying to be flexible, but want to run things by ppl to see if I'm being a total crazy person!!

Quoting FirstTimeMama21:

Yeah, I think he should spend the time with you if he is out of town. Your request isn't unreasonable.

alexis_06
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:22 AM

i dont think thats unreasonable at all....the whole point of your son going there, is to spend time with dad...and if dads not there, then your son should be with you...if i was you, i wouldnt be ok with that..especially if hes acting like hes home..thats not ok with me.....

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's unreasonable but I also think it's awesome of her to adjust her schedule and want to hang out with your kiddo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I would make sure I send it as an email. Ask him to let you know when he goes out of town because you want to spend that time with ds. That's a long time for him to be gone and not say anything.

IBNeaters
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I agree with you 100%, I just really wish I would have been a part of the conversation.  I like the fact that she's good with him and he adores her--I love that.  But they both seem to think that they don't need to communicate with me.  Had I been informed, I probably would have had no issue with things, but I was lied too and completely disrespected.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I don't think it's unreasonable but I also think it's awesome of her to adjust her schedule and want to hang out with your kiddo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN