Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I just went off on my exs mom. She deserved it!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM
  • 18 Replies

DDs grandma on her fathers side pushed me too far just now. She asks me about DD daily, so I've kept her up to date on her kidney infection. Today, she began bombarding me with "She doesn't drink enough water" and "You don't change her diaper enough". 

DDs pedi thinks she may have something going on internally that's causing these infections (this is her second one). Grandma, who is a medical assistant but thinks she knows more than a doctor, thinks I neglect DD. 

"If my granddaughter isn't getting proper care, believe u me I will see it she does"

After having her send me a crap load of pictures of my ex and I way before DD when we were together, claiming he loves me, then this, I have had it.

"I am a GOOD mother. I take GOOD care of her. She has everything she needs. I care for her 24/7. If you are going to assume I don't care for her properly, I will stop updating you on her day to day health. I will only let you know what the xray says about her kidneys. She is a VERY pampered little girl. Just because she's had two kidney infections does NOT mean I don't care for her. And please, do me a favor. Do NOT send me any more pictures of your son and I together. He does NOT love me, and I do NOT love him."

If she wants to talk about DD getting proper care, maybe she should look at the fact that her precious little boy refuses to visit her and thinks child support makes up for time lost. Her precious little coke addict boy...she raised him in an environment where he was allowed to drink at a young age (younger than 12), was allowed to smoke, allowed to do cocaine and ecstasy in front of her...she even helped him get away with carrying a huge bag of ecstasy pills that he was going to sell. He was caught by the police, drunk and wondering the streets, and the cops called her. She knew he had drugs on him and that he was drunk. She screamed at the cops and he got away. 

My fault for picking him, but she's one to talk about proper care.

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

While I'm sure its frustrating, never burn a bridge if you can avoid it. Simply tell her thanks for your concern, Dr. XXX thinks she has something else going on and is doing further tests.

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Sadly, I don't mind if this bridge is burned. =\ she does nothing but try to get me to talk to her son again. Since I refused, she got angry and has since acted this way. 

Quoting krisnkids:

While I'm sure its frustrating, never burn a bridge if you can avoid it. Simply tell her thanks for your concern, Dr. XXX thinks she has something else going on and is doing further tests.

bluedeaj
by Deidre on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Thumbs up to you for that response.  It's probably nicer than my ex's mom would get from me.  But, we haven't spoken in about 3yrs (ex and I just divorced a month ago) and I plan to continue on that route with the horrible woman.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I understand she's not a peach but you never know if things might change and you might need her for something. Going off on her only gives her more ammo in her mind. Most times you just have to be the bigger person and walk away, considering the source.

Quoting brittybby2010:

Sadly, I don't mind if this bridge is burned. =\ she does nothing but try to get me to talk to her son again. Since I refused, she got angry and has since acted this way. 

Quoting krisnkids:

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Good for you, you have to stand your ground at some point.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I hope they figure out what's wrong. How old is your dd? There are some people who think they know everything and nothing you say will change their opinions.
steviechick
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I say good for you as well.  It's a shame that once you divorce your ex-IL's have to be added to the 'ignore' list.  I'm luckier then you.  I still adore my ex-IL's.  They are actually the salt of the earth.  Too bad they had a bad seed.  Just stand your ground.  Sooner or later the ex-IL's will give in.

amber3902
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I think what you said was very appropriate.  If she's going to critize your mothering skills she does not deserve updates from you.

I don't see it as burning a bridge, but setting a boundary.  She had no business sending you pictures of you and your ex, that was crossing a line and you were right to set her straight.   And really, you don't have to tell her anything, she can get information from her son about your DD.  You don't owe her anything.

Good for you!

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Well she won't get any info because he rarely comes to see her! Haha

Quoting amber3902:

I think what you said was very appropriate.  If she's going to critize your mothering skills she does not deserve updates from you.

I don't see it as burning a bridge, but setting a boundary.  She had no business sending you pictures of you and your ex, that was crossing a line and you were right to set her straight.   And really, you don't have to tell her anything, she can get information from her son about your DD.  You don't owe her anything.

Good for you!

alexis_06
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:10 AM

wow, she sounds like a giant pain in the butt!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN