Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Stupid boys

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 17 Replies

So my bf is about 2 1/2 hours away for a few months while he's working on the pipeline.  Ive been going to see him every other weekend when my girls are with their dad.  

Its been raining the whole week and they cant work when it rains.  So yesterday he got word that he was going to be off again today and he said "Want me to come to town and see you?"  OF COURSE I DO!!!  So then this morning i texted good morning and he tells me he's just going to stay home because he has laundry to do and doesnt feel like driving round trip in one day.  WTF dude....i dont like driving either but i do it.  Whatever.  Im not "mad", just disappointed.  I wish he hadnt suggested it before thinking it through.  

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM

My bf lives about 45 minutes away.  Sucks that we don't nearby.  We try and see each other twice a week (once during the work week and on Saturdays).  I'd see him more often but the round trip is hard for both of us during the work week.  Getting to his place during rush hour is hard and once there we have a about three hours then I'm on the road or he is back home.  Saturdays are better.  We can leave early enough (missing a lot of traffic) and can leave later in the evening back home.  We have hours to share.  But, with not living close by you do what you can to see each other.  I can understand being 2 1/2 hours apart from each other.  That's 2 1/2 hours on the road there/back.  A lot of time on the road after a while.  Why not go and see him?   Since he has domestic duties help him do them and spend time with him.  He probably doens't have time during the week to get that done.  I go see my bf more then he see me because my daughter still lives with me and we are taking things slow.  I use more of my gas and gas money to see him.  But, it's worth the drive.  Without driving to see each other we would barely see each other as it is. 

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I would go in a heartbeat but i work Mon-Fri and have my girls during the week.  I do understand that it would suck for him to drive here for a few hours and then leave.  Im just having a pity party.  LOL!  

Quoting steviechick:

My bf lives about 45 minutes away.  Sucks that we don't nearby.  We try and see each other twice a week (once during the work week and on Saturdays).  I'd see him more often but the round trip is hard for both of us during the work week.  Getting to his place during rush hour is hard and once there we have a about three hours then I'm on the road or he is back home.  Saturdays are better.  We can leave early enough (missing a lot of traffic) and can leave later in the evening back home.  We have hours to share.  But, with not living close by you do what you can to see each other.  I can understand being 2 1/2 hours apart from each other.  That's 2 1/2 hours on the road there/back.  A lot of time on the road after a while.  Why not go and see him?   Since he has domestic duties help him do them and spend time with him.  He probably doens't have time during the week to get that done.  I go see my bf more then he see me because my daughter still lives with me and we are taking things slow.  I use more of my gas and gas money to see him.  But, it's worth the drive.  Without driving to see each other we would barely see each other as it is. 

steviechick
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM

To be honest with you, I have my pity party moments, too.  Just this weekend I won't be able to see my bf.  He has a family get togehter - which I completely understand.  Just makes me miss him even more and more free time on my hands.  It does suck that all you have are the work weeks to see your beau.   

Quoting Stephd710:

I would go in a heartbeat but i work Mon-Fri and have my girls during the week.  I do understand that it would suck for him to drive here for a few hours and then leave.  Im just having a pity party.  LOL!  

Quoting steviechick:

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM

That stinks!  I hate when they do that!

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:14 AM

honestly, i wouldn't be going to see him on the weekends if he made no effort to come see me.  

seems like a one sided relationship

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:19 AM

He's not able to.  They make them work 7 days a week with one day off in 14 days unless they get rained out.  I do understand that he doesnt want to spend his day off driving.  But i think he spouted off about coming here before thinking about that.   And before he started this job, he came to see me 90% of the time.  His house is 45 minutes from mine.  He does give me gas money and pays for everything when i come see him too.  Its not like he doesnt appreciate it.  

Quoting happymommy1105:

honestly, i wouldn't be going to see him on the weekends if he made no effort to come see me.  

seems like a one sided relationship

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Yeah one day every two weeks blows.  But it does make us miss eachother a lot so maybe thats good.  This job is done in March and then it will be back to normal until he starts a new one.  He usually takes all summer off tho.  

Quoting steviechick:

To be honest with you, I have my pity party moments, too.  Just this weekend I won't be able to see my bf.  He has a family get togehter - which I completely understand.  Just makes me miss him even more and more free time on my hands.  It does suck that all you have are the work weeks to see your beau.   

Quoting Stephd710:

Quoting steviechick:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I understand you being disappointed. You were really looking forward to seeing him, but it's not happening.
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Yeah now he's all "Im going to take a nap but i wish you were with me!"  Oh thanks, first tease me with a visit, and now the idea of a nap while im at work!   LOL!  

Quoting cjsmom1:

I understand you being disappointed. You were really looking forward to seeing him, but it's not happening.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM
That's not nice

Quoting Stephd710:

Yeah now he's all "Im going to take a nap but i wish you were with me!"  Oh thanks, first tease me with a visit, and now the idea of a nap while im at work!   LOL!  

Quoting cjsmom1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN