Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Would You Consider Remarrying?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 30 Replies

I've been asked this question a lot lately.  Maybe because I'm dating someone now. 

This question does often come up in my mind.  Do I like the guy I'm dating?  Would I consider marriage in a year or so?  Would he? 

I think it truly depends on if you both are truly compatible.  Marriages end for various reasons.  Do we take the plunge again and hope it works a second time? 

On another note - my step-brother just got engaged.  He's been seeing his gf for less then a year.  He's in love with her and she him.  He lost his ex-wife due to cancer last December.  I wished him well and a sincere congrats.  It's great being in love and knowing that your second 'love' makes you happy enough to want to get married.

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I will reconsider it at some point in the future.  I highly doubt I will never marry again.  I also know of many mistakes I made the first time that I won't make a second time :)  I won't quit my job for us to be able to see each other more, I won't get rid of my bank account and have only a joint account (I've considered being ok WITH a joint account, but I will have my own acct as well), I won't be having anymore children so whoever it is I do end up meeting needs to be totally ok we won't have any together, and I will make sure I don't get lazy with whoever it is I marry.  We will be physically active and emotionally active with each other.

But, I do know that's a long ways away, quite a few years from now.  I will be totally ok living together before getting married by a long time.  And next time?  I will have an actual wedding.

I'm not looking forward to THOSE questions when I start dating again.  Many people will get a "it's none of your business" from me about that rofl.

alexis_06
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:26 PM
3 moms liked this

i've never been married, but i hope that i one day i will get married!

arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been married twice, but I would marry the guy I am seeing now

steviechick
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM

How long have you been seeing him?

steviechick
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I wonder how long is long enough to get married?  It was rather sudden to find out my step-bro is engaged but he does spend a lot of time with this gf and I think he may have known her from before. 

arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I have been seeing him this time around for almost 2 years

bluedeaj
by Deidre on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I knew my ex for 9months (from the day we met) before we got married.  Next time?  Girl, I'm going to date the next guy for years, and he better be okay with that lol.  I now know what happens after a couple years of being with someone.

Quoting steviechick:

I wonder how long is long enough to et married?

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:56 PM
3 moms liked this
I've never been married. Idk maybe I will get married one day. I haven't even been dating a week yet, so let's hold off on marrying meoff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I knew my ex for three years before we got married.  Now that I'm divorced, everyone that knew us back then has told me now that I should have never have married him.  How's that for a shocker after all these years?  I guess sometimes it's best to not say anything as it might cause problems at the beginning of a marriage.  BUT, they were right!

I won't rush into my next marriage.  I'm going to be living in 'sin' for quite a while.  I hope my guy is okay with that.  Perhaps that's what he wants, too.  Either way you look at it the second time around is eiher both of you have been married and/or widowed.  You do look for a better mate most of the time. 

Quoting bluedeaj:

I knew my ex for 9months (from the day we met) before we got married.  Next time?  Girl, I'm going to date the next guy for years, and he better be okay with that lol.  I now know what happens after a couple years of being with someone.

Quoting steviechick:

I wonder how long is long enough to et married?

Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I've never been married but I'd definitely marry my man if he asked. We've been together a little over a year.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN