Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Would You Consider Remarrying?

Posted by   + Show Post

I've been asked this question a lot lately.  Maybe because I'm dating someone now. 

This question does often come up in my mind.  Do I like the guy I'm dating?  Would I consider marriage in a year or so?  Would he? 

I think it truly depends on if you both are truly compatible.  Marriages end for various reasons.  Do we take the plunge again and hope it works a second time? 

On another note - my step-brother just got engaged.  He's been seeing his gf for less then a year.  He's in love with her and she him.  He lost his ex-wife due to cancer last December.  I wished him well and a sincere congrats.  It's great being in love and knowing that your second 'love' makes you happy enough to want to get married.

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
bigmama423
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I honestly can't say..I'm still stuck in my marriage at the moment. At this point I'd say no way jose...but who knows..??
RazzledRainbows
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM
8 years of putting up with a douchebag is enough for me. I will never never never EVER get married again.

At this point I do not even want to be in a real relationship. Although I am lonely and am considering a man FRIEND. No sex. No relationship. Just someone to chill with and have fun. In a nonsexual nonromantic way.
thin_air
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM
I will only remarry if my next partner sees life same way as I do...natural, down to earth, with relevant dialogues and commited healthy habits..but the most important value is respect towards my children in all ways. My standards are very simple but really hard to find nowadays!!
steviechick
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I don't think I could go on with my life without having a companion.  I miss being physical with someone.  I have a friend that is single and has no interest in men whatsoever.  Not sure if its because her first beau walked out on her when he found out she was pregnant and her first marriage ended because he was a drinker/abuser.  I can see why she feels negative towards men.  I was in a long marriage and for the most part I was miserable.  Some years were good but most of them were tolerable.  My choice to stay.  I could have left.  Even having experienced a miserable marriage I knew the day my ex and I ended our marriage I did not want to be alone the rest of my life.  I'm not jilted towards men in general.  I do know that we are on this earth to be happy and fulfilled.  It all depends on how we see that for each one of us. 

IF my bf and I continue down this wonderful path we are on I would hope that love would play a huge role in my agreeing to marry him.  I guess it all depends on how much in love with him and if I can't live without him or if we find just living together more appealing.  Time will tell.

kitcal78
by Gigi on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM
This

Quoting Mommy2Boys0900:

Me too (although my hope is fading)

Quoting alexis_06:

i've never been married, but i hope that i one day i will get married!

kitcal78
by Gigi on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Never been married. Was asked once college sweetheart. Unfortunately he turned to alcohol for comfortimg his stress. Ended up an alcoholic. So I broke off the engagement.
katrina.0822
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I'll consider it but I've learned to leave well enough alone. If I'm happy with the man I'm with why do I need a paper to prove it. I get for benefits like insurance and such and I think in the future when we're starting to age  we will consider it but we're both happy the way we are. I've been married and he's been engaged and neither worked out according to plan.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Possibly if the right person came along. Or there were more favorable tax benefits (but still has to be the right person).

lulubird83
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Because I feel like no one takes it seriously and they just walk out the second things get too hard. No one sticks together anymore.

Quoting steviechick:

Why not? 

Quoting lulubird83:

I don't believe in marriage anymore

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I do want to get married again.  100%.  But im not going to settle like i did the first time and take on a project man.  LOL!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN