Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just want the best for us..

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

It seems my daughter is going through it ex specially in school.Mood swings,her yelling at her siblings and ,her body language when we talk is very uncomfortable.I'm trying to be down and till be mom. Talking about growing to fast. It seems our talks are not working.Yes me and my kids are fatherless.But do that have anything to do with moods?  I decide November 16 to do a Mom and daughter facial and make up matching party.I want to see how that would work for us.

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Her father not being around very well could be the reason for her behavior. I went through that with my daughter (13). Sometimes kids don't know how to verbalize how they're feeling and so they act out. I hope things get better for you all and enjoy your mommy/daughter facials :).

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM

How old is your daughter?  Has she ever gone to counseling to help her with her da not being around, etc?

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:30 AM

i agree with nisha about her acting out cuz dads not around...it could also be that she's wanting more one on one time with you.  taking her to the mom n daughter facial day sounds like a fun thing to do with her!!  hope it goes well! :)

Bribriesmom
by Valentina on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM
One of the MSW's I worked with did her thesis on fatherless daughters. I'm concerned and yes her behavior could be a reflection of that, growing up, dealing with peers etc. Life and times are very different from when we grew up. I'm praying him not being present affects her and the male role models around her, Church and the things I've learned and implement will change the negative impact.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM
How old is she?
steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:28 PM

My daughter seemed to be okay after my divorce from the ex.  He decided to walk out on her shortly after or divorce became final.   He got nasty with her on the phone.  It seemed as though he used this as an excuse to find a way to stay away from her.  He actually blamed her for non-verbal communication hence his hatred and deadbeat ways today.  It breaks my heart knowing that her father was in her life for 18 years then all of a sudden his own flesh and blood isn't important to him.  How can anyone do that to their own child?  Heartless. 

I think your daughter is going through a hard phase - dealing with an absent father, seeing her peers having fathers in their lives, and all around stress that are causing all of these problems.  I think you should have more daughter/mom time with her.  Showing her that life does go on in a positive way even though a father is absent.  Perhaps see if she wants to get involved more in extracurricular activities after school?  See if she has any friends she hang out with that she can talk to and have fun with.  Invite these girls over for sleepovers.  Anything and everything to influence a positive level in her life is what is needed to keep her mind positive. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)