Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hi.

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:47 AM
  • 18 Replies
Hi. I'm new to the group and a newly single mom. About a month and a half ago my husband started chatting with an "old friend" on facebook and the rest is now history.He suddenly abandoned me and our three kids (3, 1 1/2, and 5 months), leaving us homeless. I had been a stay at home mom our entire marriage (i have two older kids) because he didnt want me working. He walked and out and left us with nothing.
I am trying to get my head wrapped around all of this and start over. He had become abusive, so i was needing to leave, i had just not figured out a way, so i guess this is just the push I needed. I am confident we are headed for a much better place!!! :)
Look forward to getting to know you all!!
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momluvsgg
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Oh BeaTx ~ I"m so sorry for what happened to you and your kids! Do you have any family or friends that you can stay with? Have you moved out yet? If you don't have anywhere to go, you could contact churches from the phone book, and ask if they can help or refer you to a place to stay even temporarily. Hopefully, there is a community domestic abuse shelter for women and children in your town too. I'm praying for you today! 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Hi!  I'm sorry that your husband has decided to end your marriage.  :(  I do agree that you are likely headed to being a much happier person/mom and that since things were not so well in your family life, things will be better for your kids too.

bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Welcome to the group!  I hope you're able to find the support you need through here emotionally, I know I have :)

*hugs*  I'm so sorry this is happening.  Definitely stressful. Wish I had some advice for you but momluvsgg gave a good suggestion with calling local churches :)

BeaTx
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Thank y'all. I did indeed contact the church and they had gotten us to a hotel for a couple of nights until a friend could come pick us up. We are now "back home" where I grew up...about 6 hours away from where we were living. A friend is putting us up for a bit. I really have no family besides my husband and kids and a cousin, but the cousin has her own family.
Thanks again...
bigmama423
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Hi and welcome to the group!!

Sorry to hear about your situation, but glad you are away from him. No reason to stay with someone abusive, that's not good for you or your children. Glad to see you have a positive attitude, and that things are going ok for you now. Just keep your head up and stay strong for your kiddos! :)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Welcome!!! I'm glad you found us!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Welcome!!
alexis_06
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Hey!! Welcome to the group  :)

Misha1204
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:47 AM
I'm sorry about all of this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Your positive attitude is commendable!

Quoting Misha1204:

I'm sorry about all of this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)