Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
Hi. I'm new to the group and a newly single mom. About a month and a half ago my husband started chatting with an "old friend" on facebook and the rest is now history.He suddenly abandoned me and our three kids (3, 1 1/2, and 5 months), leaving us homeless. I had been a stay at home mom our entire marriage (i have two older kids) because he didnt want me working. He walked and out and left us with nothing.
I am trying to get my head wrapped around all of this and start over. He had become abusive, so i was needing to leave, i had just not figured out a way, so i guess this is just the push I needed. I am confident we are headed for a much better place!!! :)
Look forward to getting to know you all!!
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Replies (11-18):
Misha1204
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Welcome to the group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bribriesmom
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Welcome to the group, I admire your strength. There are so many resources available.
salinamarie
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello sweetheart. If you need someone to talk to I am here. Or just someone to listen to you. Stay strong and don't give up.
momluvsgg
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I'm so glad to hear that the church was able to help you and that you have a safe place to stay for now. I hope that you will be able to get connected to some community resources for additional support. I know of a free counseling helpline so if you are ever interested, just let me know and I can send it to you. Thanks for giving us this update and you and your kids are in my prayers!                  

Quoting BeaTx:

Thank y'all. I did indeed contact the church and they had gotten us to a hotel for a couple of nights until a friend could come pick us up. We are now "back home" where I grew up...about 6 hours away from where we were living. A friend is putting us up for a bit. I really have no family besides my husband and kids and a cousin, but the cousin has her own family.
Thanks again...

BeaTx
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Sorry its taken me so long to reply. I've had to move the kids from place to place. If you could give me the info for the helpline that would be great. You can pm me if you want. I feel like i'm really not handling this well...

Quoting momluvsgg:

I'm so glad to hear that the church was able to help you and that you have a safe place to stay for now. I hope that you will be able to get connected to some community resources for additional support. I know of a free counseling helpline so if you are ever interested, just let me know and I can send it to you. Thanks for giving us this update and you and your kids are in my prayers!                  

Quoting BeaTx:

Thank y'all. I did indeed contact the church and they had gotten us to a hotel for a couple of nights until a friend could come pick us up. We are now "back home" where I grew up...about 6 hours away from where we were living. A friend is putting us up for a bit. I really have no family besides my husband and kids and a cousin, but the cousin has her own family.

Thanks again...

BeaTx
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Thanks everyone. Sorry I havent replied sooner. So far we have moved from place to place, and been on a horrific bus ride. Lol We are back in south Texas now so that I can file for divorce and then we're headed for California. So lookong forward to a freshstart. I need to get away from here.
momluvsgg
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the update and so sorry you are having to move around so much. I just sent you a PM with the helpline number so hope you will get a chance to call. Just know we're here for you, so hope you can keep us posted when you can. I'll keep praying for you! Hugs!

Quoting BeaTx:

Sorry its taken me so long to reply. I've had to move the kids from place to place. If you could give me the info for the helpline that would be great. You can pm me if you want. I feel like i'm really not handling this well...

Quoting momluvsgg:

Quoting BeaTx:

Thanks again...

steviechick
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, BeaTx and welcome to the group.  My ex cheated on me, too, and fathered two kids in the process.  He also abused me and our daughter.  I'm SO sorry that this happened to you, too.  Betrayal is very hard to accept and eventually overcome.  BUT, you will overcome it.  I promise you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN