Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has a man ever made you feel like he's lowered his standards in order to go out with you just because you're a single parent?

Have you ever felt like you had to lower your standards in order to go out with someone?

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Replies (21-24):
Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM
No man I've dealt with ever made me feel as if he lowered his standards by dating me. I've dated guys in the past that I lowered my standards. Never again!
27Peanuts
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I don't know if I lowered my standards. But I do feel like I went in blind...with no deal breakers...and found myself feeling meager

Saurusmom8
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:26 AM
I have been made to feel like I should feel lucky to have someone. The line: "I am here aren't I?"... I have lowered my standards simply because I did not realize I was worth more.

Its not about being stunning in looks.. to me it truly is character. Flattery doesn't work well with me at all. Thank goodness for not being naiive!!

I have learned more about my character and worth and weaknesses and flaws in the past 3 years than ever in my life and now I can't go back to even a year ago on standards.

Standards do not mean I am better than someone..its just a way of guiding decisions and preserving and protecting yourself.

I have settled for men who use my single mothering as a way to make them look like they saved me. This is actually kind of abusive. Emotionally stripping of ones dignity. Its true I appreciate help, but its not truly help when I am just an object for their self marketing and ego based agenda.

Sometimes I think my standards are unreachable.. but I wouldn't expect anything from someone I wouldn't want to see in myself as well. That's a good thing.
kitcal78
by Gigi on Nov. 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I like tall dark and handsome men. A decent job and decent credit. I got all of that woth my son's father. He had terrible credit a decent job. I found out lwter why he had bad credit and was always broke. He was not truthful about somethings.

I am flexible to a degree. Unfortunately my body is shot after having my son. I have acne and acne scars. Ot was either my face was clear and I was fat. I was fat and my face was clear.

Now hmmm.......I need to work on getting the weight off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)