Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Those that get Survivor Benefits I have a question

Posted by   + Show Post
My kids finally qualified for Survivor Benefits and are getting some back pay. In the paper work it says to keep track of how the money is spent, no problem its all going towards them. Does that also include the back pay? Or is it like CS and the back pay can be used how I want. They are getting over 2,000 a piece in back pay (2 kids) and I am thinking of getting a car so that I don't have to borrow from everyone just to get to and from work. And today with my DD getting sick at school and I had to get someone to come in for me at work cause I had my mom's car and their was no one else to get her I lost a few hours at work because of that, I know this things happen. I need a car, would I be able to use the back pay to help get one??????
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Replies (11-16):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Very nice!

Quoting lv_my_babies:

This is what I got with the back pay!!!!! And still have money left!!!!!

lv_my_babies
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Quoting easinpc:

Very nice!

Quoting lv_my_babies:

This is what I got with the back pay!!!!! And still have money left!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM

yay for the van!!! <3

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Idk my son gets Ssi which is a lil different, with hi they SAY you had to prove what you spent the months amount on but in 11 years they NEVER asked for proof, and his settlement (he was denied the first time but the appeal went through so he get a 6500 settlement) they want to keep in an account and prove what you use it on.
regian19832002
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM

MY son gets this and they said they only question were the money went if they felt the need 

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Congrats on the new van
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)