Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

School Picture

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

So, I have certain people asking if I'm gonna send my ex's family an emailed picture (from the cd) from my son's first grade. I said I would think about it, but I'm leaning towards no.

I have my reasons, which I feel I don't need to explain because surely there are people in this group who wouldn't either.

But I wanna know - what would be the benefit anyway, for my 6 year old, who has not received a birthday or c hristmas gift, a phone call, or even a birthday card? I haven't received a phone call from the family in a year and a month now. I'm done communicating with them. I have tried e-mails, phone messages - nothing. I get nothing in return. 

Sometimes I get sentimental and get certain "thoughts" in my head that if I send a picture, maybe it will motivate the family to be more active but I am more than aware this will not happen because if it was meant to be, it would have worked out by now. BUt it seems like ex and the family are more distant. Plus, they had two new granbabies born last year (one from ex's wife and one by ex's sister). 

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I wouldn't send them a picture. If you haven't heard from them in so long then I see no point in sending the picture.
alexis_06
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:26 AM

i absolutely would not send a picture to them!!  my daughters dad is not involved...however, the uncle is (her dads brother) and his wife, they phone and ask to see alexis around her bday (april) once in the summer and then at christmas..at least theyre trying..however..i still dont give them pictures..because i dont want them to show her dad or grandma/grandpa or anyone else for that matter...

call me a bitch, i dont care...but, why should you get to see MY daughter turning into a beautiful young lady!!  granted, when we do hang out the three times a year, they do take their own pictures (which pisses me off..lol) but there no where near as good as the ones i COULD give them!  however,  i MIGHT give them one this year...just cuz they made more effort..but..i wont WANT to (if that makes sense)

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Yeah that's the way I worded it too. 

But if I had a change of heart, what good would that do? I don't care about looking like the "better person" or anything. I have nothing to prove to this family except how uninvolved they have all become. 

I haven't cut my ties. I just haven't seen an effort from them to contact my son. I had my Skype account set up for three years now and it's been unused since it opened. We skyped maybe twice since I got it. I skype more with my friends I met through a fanclub than I skype with ex and his family. And it pissed me off that his mom was "too tired" to get pretty. Who the fuck cares?!?! My son doesn't!

Quoting cjsmom1:

I wouldn't send them a picture. If you haven't heard from them in so long then I see no point in sending the picture.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Quoting cjsmom1:

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:50 PM
I see it as you have continuously reached out and haven't gotten any responses. It kind of seems like a waste of your time.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

But if I had a change of heart, what good would that do? I don't care about looking like the "better person" or anything. I have nothing to prove to this family except how uninvolved they have all become. 

I haven't cut my ties. I just haven't seen an effort from them to contact my son. I had my Skype account set up for three years now and it's been unused since it opened. We skyped maybe twice since I got it. I skype more with my friends I met through a fanclub than I skype with ex and his family. And it pissed me off that his mom was "too tired" to get pretty. Who the fuck cares?!?! My son doesn't!

Quoting cjsmom1:

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Haha yeah I know! I have tried and documented eeach and everytime as I've been advised on here numerous times just in case they try take me to court for some custody. I have sole custody ATM and I intend on keeping it that way. I have been the only provider (aside from anything my parents have contributed towards) for my son. And what makes me irritated is my ex's family all have public profiles on various social media and I often see them doing things for my ex's two kids. It makes me sad that I have only received excuses "Oh, it's only $50 but we are thinking of him". "Oh, we only have money for a card", but his kids are getting outfits, groceries and toys. 

I was seriously so close to sending them DS's school picture but I think I will let them contact me. I keep my profile open to the public and if they are curious, they are more than welcome to send me a message asking for one. Is that fair?

Quoting cjsmom1:

I see it as you have continuously reached out and haven't gotten any responses. It kind of seems like a waste of your time.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Quoting cjsmom1:

bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I only send a picture to the family that is involved.  This year (Kinder) the school pictures, I bought enough to basically just split it in half.  I will get half, and I'll give half to my ex husband.  He can do whatever he wants and give the pics to whoever he wants that is part of his half of the pics.  And I'll do the same with my half :)  I know he'll give pics to plenty of his family that I never would but, that's his choice.  He's plenty involved with her and he can do as he pleases with the school pictures.  Just like I will with mine.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:16 PM

You are not losing anything by sending a picture.

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:18 PM

No, but I can't be the only person making an effort to be a parent to my child.

Quoting virginiamama71:

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:21 PM

It would be the same as sharing a picture with strangers which many people already do.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

No, but I can't be the only person making an effort to be a parent to my child.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)