Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I fell in love the other day...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 16 Replies
4 moms liked this

Hi ladies,

My name is Shelly. I'm 32, 4 months pregnant with, hopefully, my first full term born child. Single (big deal, right? : ) I have a high risk pregnancy so I have an ultrasound every 2 weeks. They are watching for signs of an incompetent cervix.

This last Thursday, I had an ultrasound. My cervix is nice and long and closed and they said it's a 60/40% chance a girl. I know, 60/40 may as well be 50/50, but we'll take it. :) My mom, my sisters and I, that is. Of course, the gender doesn't matter, a healthy baby is all I'm after. 

I am so happy with the news that my cervix is so far so good. But that's not even the best part. My baby, (girl?), is always moving around and I can see it on the ultrasounds, how amazing is that? Well, this last time, she/he was sleeping or just relaxing with it's arm/hand under it's chin. Clear as day. So cute! From that moment, I fell in love. How sweet and precious my baby is going to be. She sleeps like her grandpa! Ha! And, last night I had a dream about her. I was caressing her pretty, little head while she slept. Wow. The feeling I felt in my dream was like nothing I've ever felt before. I think it's true love.

Her(him?) and I, we got this.

Just to add: Since I've found out I was pregnant, the baby's father has been very selfish and making this all about him and his concerns. Recently, I've decided he will have to figure out what he wants to do on his own. All the effort to have a friendship and make this the most awesome thing has only been coming from me. I am choosing to only focus on the positives and growing a happy, healthy baby. That's all I can do

I look forward to chatting, sharing experiences and meeting other moms.

Moving forward. Her/him and I, we got this. : )

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sillybear.n.cub
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group! Wishing you all the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShellsBells99
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Thank you! Same to you.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww, congrats!  

I'm sorry your baby's dad isn't being helpful but I think it's great that you're feeling positive and that you're ready to take on the world for your little one!

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Shelly, welcome to the group!

welcome to cafemom

deltathree
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi & welcome.  Glad you're here!  Hugs.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi and welcome. I fell in love with mine 6 yrs ago at 8 wks along and I found out I was pregnant. I fell more in love with each ultrasound :) I hope and pray she/he makes it full term :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!!!!

mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!
bigmama423
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi, welcome to the group and congrats!!

I wish you all the best with your pregnancy.
Maybe daddy will come around, if not you just keep up the good vibes! Time flies, you'll have a beautiful baby in your arms before you know it! :)
Disneymom18
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
So sweet. Thanks for sharing..sometimes it's best to focus on the positive. You sound like a strong mom, just what your baby will need. Congratulations!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN