Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Why doesn't he realize I'm awesome?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM
  • 26 Replies
Ok so I'll be really honest. I'm overweight. This has never been an issue in my love life. Lately I feel like it may be keeping me from having any dates. I'm not unapproachable and I'm not giving out the vibe that I'm super available. What else could it be besides my weight? I wear nice clothes and makeup all the time, I'm well read, into sports and keep up with current news. I can cook and maintain a clean home. I have a good job, nice cars, and I'm a very positive person. How is it that I'm still single? Am I invisible?

*Update*
He's seeing someone and their relationship is a little rocky. I'm throwing in the towel. He knows where to find me should he decide to.
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deltathree
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM
4 moms liked this

A lot of guys are so shallow.  But you know what - they're not worth it.  The right one will come along.  You deserve the best!  Hugs.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

It's my biggest problem right now and I am trying to lose weight. Not for a man but because I'm not happy with myself.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:29 PM

They don't realize it because they are not looking at the REAL you.  (((hug)))

bigmama423
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree!

I'm overweight too, I'm hoping to find my romeo at the gym...once I get a membership to a gym that is!! ;)

Quoting deltathree:

A lot of guys are so shallow.  But you know what - they're not worth it.  The right one will come along.  You deserve the best!  Hugs.

woodstock525
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I've always found that when I am wanting a relationship and looking for one, it's like I was invisible.  When I stopped looking and concentrated more on just being myself, that was when I've found decent relationships.

If you do want to put yourself out there, think about what type of guy you want to meet and where you might go to meet them.  I doubt you'd find someone of your caliber at the local bar, but you might find them by volunteering in an organization or joining a literary group or things along those lines.

AlieMay
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I feel that way too sometimes. I'm not overweight but not as skinny as I want to be either and can't find a date for anything.
alexis_06
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:44 PM

i've been asking myself this for the last 10 yrs.  i haven't even been on one single date!  i'm 30, i feel as tho i'm never gonna find someone :(

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I have been feeling the same way. For the hell of it I was reading some 'flirting' ideas. Why? Because I was tired of always being a 'friend' and want something more. One thing I noticed was the eyes, I have a tendency to not look someone in the eyes, its a shy thing. Most people would never think that I am shy, but I am so I tend to avoid direct eye contact. Yesterday at my daughter's soccer games I used more eye contact with a single dad and so did he! His daughter even commented to my daughter how much their parents were talking. Look at how you interact with men, do you throw up I'm available? flirty? too flirty? etc. 

Misha1204
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:27 PM
This

Quoting deltathree:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teamwilson
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting alexis_06:

i've been asking myself this for the last 10 yrs.  i haven't even been on one single date!  i'm 30, i feel as tho i'm never gonna find someone :(

10 years? Oh my. So what do you do to keep your mind off men and relationships? I'm taking online classes. At my local community college. I try to go to the campus once a week to see if I can meet some new friends and utilize the library. Sometimes they have student events as well. Being from a big city where my size was not an issue but almost a plus, now I'm in a small town where the men I'm interested in are rare and everyone's so darn active and slim. I'm at a disadvantage. I walk whenever I can and I'm making steps each day to eat better and eat less.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)