Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

is it a crime?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 24 Replies
Sometimes I want to go out like once a few weeks ... Or maybe take a trip to the store alone. I feel so guilty though. My kids cry at the door while I'm driving off. They are 5 and 1&1/2
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nisha929
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww...you shouldn't feel guilty. You deserve some time to yourself and you should take it. They will be alright :) 

SheciaBaby
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Thanks. My mom is no help.. She texts me rude stuff like 'hope you're really going to Walmart and not so and so's'
Since my accident in august I'm just almost back to normal.. I've been with them every day for three months. So yeah..I do need to breathe some days

Quoting Nisha929:

Awww...you shouldn't feel guilty. You deserve some time to yourself and you should take it. They will be alright :) 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this

you shouldn't feel guilty.  we all need our "alone time" every once in a while! :)

mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Get another sitter...

Quoting SheciaBaby:

Thanks. My mom is no help.. She texts me rude stuff like 'hope you're really going to Walmart and not so and so's'

Since my accident in august I'm just almost back to normal.. I've been with them every day for three months. So yeah..I do need to breathe some days

Quoting Nisha929:

peacelovemommy3
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I am new so first of all Hi!!! I can def agree with the guilt as a new single mom it is hard to get time alone to myself. Just last night I went out dinner with an old friend for the first time in 8 months. I came home to my 9 year old waiting up like a parent lol. Its not bad I think to go out or even run to the store alone but what to do with feeling guilty...wish I had an answer. Maybe as time passes it gets better.

MomToNeeners
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I feel the exact same way! If I go take time for myself I feel like a bad parent! You're not a bad parent though...it just goes to prove that you're a good mom!

deltathree
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM

this & hugs.....

Quoting alexis_06:

you shouldn't feel guilty.  we all need our "alone time" every once in a while! :)

SheciaBaby
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
That's easier said than done lol. They go to their other relatives sometimes but my youngest doesn't really like to go over there

Quoting mrsary:

Get another sitter...

Quoting SheciaBaby:

Quoting Nisha929:

SheciaBaby
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Thanks

Quoting deltathree:

this & hugs.....

Quoting alexis_06:

Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to feel this way, but after going to school and working I've found that time apart makes me a better mom
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)