Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you go to church?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 48 Replies

Are you a regular church attendee?  Does your child go (either with you or with their other parent)?

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:20 PM

No and no

woodstock525
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I have been off and on throughout my adult life.  I'm Catholic.  When they changed all the prayers a couple of years ago, I felt a bit lost and didn't really like the 'new' style.  I haven't attended much since. 

When my kids were younger, I attended and was very involved.  My son went to CCD and reluctantly went all the way through to Confirmation.  Since becoming an adult, he's rarely gone to Mass.  My daughter (10 years younger) went regularly with me until hs when she moved in with her biodad (also Catholic) and did not attend very often.  She's almost 20 and never finished with her Confirmation. 

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Not at all.
mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I used to. Trying to find a new church home in our new location.
AshDance99
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Yes, I go (Catholic)  My daughter attends a catholic grade school.

armyvet06
by Ashley on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Yes we go every week. My daughter actually gets upset if she can't go to church.
bigmama423
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:11 PM
No and no.
My children have never been.
alexis_06
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:52 PM

nope, i was forced to go my whole childhood, so i dont go and dont want my daughter going either...

when she was 4 she went a few times with my mom and dad, because i worked every sunday morning..and after going 2 times, she came home with a bible and inside the sunday school teacher wrote a lil something in there along the lines of "Today Alexis asked the Lord Jesus Christ to be her Saviour and she accepted him into her heart, it is her spirtual birthday".........WTF!! i was soooooooooo pissed!! and after that, i changed my availability at work and no longer work sunday mornings!  i dont care that she went to sunday school, i was fine with her there playing with other kids...but to force that kind of a decision on a 4 YEAR OLD!! no!  i am not ok with that! 14, fine...4, no.  

Misha1204
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I don't go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Dd sometimes goes w/her dad's family.

Quoting Misha1204:

I don't go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)