Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How many Christmas gifts is enough for one child?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Joy
  • 36 Replies
My little girl really wants the princess Disney castle and a ds, plus other toys but these two are the major toys she wants. She is 3 years old and my dad, her dad and my aunts spoil her as well. I'm thinking clothes to go along and books.How many gifts do you usually buy?
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexis_06
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM
4 moms liked this

i have never gone by numbers...i go by money spent.  usually i spend about $150-200 on her. 

TatyBear
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM
2 moms liked this
However many you feel you want to get.

I don't go buy numbers or cost. I stop buying when I decide I have enough.
ladybugmom2010
by Joy on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I may just get her the castle and other small gifts. It's nice to have a dollar limit! Thanks ladies
aj23
by Amanda on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't really have a limit but I rarely spend over $100. My son doesn't ask for much so when he asked for a $45 toy and $20 video game I didn't think twice bout getting it for him for Christmas. He's 6 so it's just a matter of time until he asks for insanely priced things. 

I usually stop at 5 gifts, not for any reason just that by the time I get to 5 he's gotten everything he's asked for plus a couple that he didn't. 

bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't get your 3yr old a DS, just from personal experience.  A lot of the games require being able to read (it won't vocalize the words, you have to actually read them) and that can get very time consuming on your part with it :)  A few games my daughter ended up just watching me play b/c she couldn't do it on her own.  For the money spent on one, plus the games, I'd wait until at least kinder when learning to read starts happening.

ladybugmom2010
by Joy on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM

My sister said the same! I brought the 3ds for my niece, her birthday was in March and she turned 7 so thanks for talking some sense in me lol. Just tired of them fighting over it lol.

Quoting bluedeaj:

I wouldn't get your 3yr old a DS, just from personal experience.  A lot of the games require being able to read (it won't vocalize the words, you have to actually read them) and that can get very time consuming on your part with it :)  A few games my daughter ended up just watching me play b/c she couldn't do it on her own.  For the money spent on one, plus the games, I'd wait until at least kinder when learning to read starts happening.

Belovedmoonpixi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a budget, DD gets 1 "big" item or 2 small ones,  a book and clothes (1 full outfit, not "party" or fancy clothes, but something she can use daily)...

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:31 AM
This is what I do too

Quoting TatyBear:

However many you feel you want to get.

I don't go buy numbers or cost. I stop buying when I decide I have enough.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Get a Leapster instead of a ds. They're cheaper and are meant for younger kids. And the games are fun and educational.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:35 AM
My ds is the only child in my entire family and is very spoiled. He asked for one big toy, some small toys, video games, and tons of books. He'll get almost everything on his list and some things that weren't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN