Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Child Support And Day Care Costs

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:21 PM
  • 23 Replies

How is daycare costs detemined when it comes to child support? Please do not answer "ask your lawyer" as I am having problems with her answering any of my questions at this point. I am asking this question because my ex will only need daycare every other Friday, Saturday & Sunday and possibly not even that much. If I do not have anything goin on (I do not work weekends) then there is no reason for her to be in daycare. I am trying to figure out how this is going to work for child support purposes. Thanks!

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Do you already receive child support?  If not, have it written in the agreement for both parties to pay 50% of daycare cost, or come up with your own percentage (or look online) of who pays what.  Have this written "in addition to normal child support" or something.

Aside from that, I can't really tell you.  Ours was all filled out together with our custody agreement and divorce, etc.

Misha1204
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:25 PM
In Ohio, it has to be stipulated in the hearing. If the understanding is not agreed upon in the beginning, it won't be inforced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sj218
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I don't have a straight answer for you, but for my state, there is an online calculator that is used to determine support. It takes into account health insurance child care and the overall parenting plan. I live in Oregon, you could Google it and use the calculator, it's free to use.
hollyann85
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM

So I would have to pay 50% of his daycare expenses even though she only needs to be in daycare on his time?

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM
If you are the primary parent why would she be in daycare? Why not have it so he gets visitation when he's not working. I've never heard of a non custodial parent needing childcare when the primary parent is home.

Quoting hollyann85:

So I would have to pay 50% of his daycare expenses even though she only needs to be in daycare on his time?

Chunkymunkey922
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Try to search for a child support calculator in whatever state you live in. It breaks down all that stuff.
hollyann85
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM

A custody arrangement has not been agreed on he but he does not want me to have primary care of her (there's not explanation for that, he's just bein a jerk). He works every weekend and he would have her every other weekend which is why he would need a sitter at some point.

Quoting cjsmom1:

If you are the primary parent why would she be in daycare? Why not have it so he gets visitation when he's not working. I've never heard of a non custodial parent needing childcare when the primary parent is home.

Quoting hollyann85:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM
If you get primary custody I don't think you'd have to help pay for childcare, but I'm not positive.

Quoting hollyann85:

A custody arrangement has not been agreed on he but he does not want me to have primary care of her (there's not explanation for that, he's just bein a jerk). He works every weekend and he would have her every other weekend which is why he would need a sitter at some point.

Quoting cjsmom1:

Quoting hollyann85:

hollyann85
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:21 AM

For a temporary custody order, we will for sure have a shared care arrangement. I just don't understand why I would have to pay for childcare when she's in his care. That doesn't make sense to me.

Quoting cjsmom1:

If you get primary custody I don't think you'd have to help pay for childcare, but I'm not positive.

Quoting hollyann85:

Quoting cjsmom1:

Quoting hollyann85:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:33 AM
If it's a shared agreement why wouldn't you get her on the weekends since you're off and he get her during the week. If you needed childcare he would have to pay so it should work both ways. It's a cost related to your dd's care and should be split.

Quoting hollyann85:

For a temporary custody order, we will for sure have a shared care arrangement. I just don't understand why I would have to pay for childcare when she's in his care. That doesn't make sense to me.

Quoting cjsmom1:

Quoting hollyann85:

Quoting cjsmom1:

Quoting hollyann85:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN