Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How did you start dating?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:11 AM
  • 17 Replies
I'm 9 months pregnant, a friend of mine set me up an online dating profile a couple of months ago bc she thinks I'm lonely. The baby's father is not involved in my life (or baby's) at all. I've started talking to a guy I could genuinely like but don't know how to approach the topic that I'm about to be a single mom? Or if it's going to ruin things. I'm so unsure about dating. It was hard enough before I got pregnant.
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jkaym
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Bump.
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Honestly, I wouldn't stress about it at all while still pregnant.  You're about to have a baby and dating just doesn't really 'go' with that.  You can't really ease him intot hat idea when you're about to give birth lol.  I guess just tell him like it is.  Say you really like him and would love to get to know him more, but you want to be honest and you are about to have a baby.  You don't really wanna 'puke' information on him about the whole situation but he does need to know.

Wish I had some personal experience to share with you, but I'm newly single here with a 5yr old.  And zero intention of dating.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't suggest really trying to date right now. You are so close to the baby being born that your life will be consumed for the next few weeks by a newborn baby, dating will have to drop down the list of priorities, far down the list.

Callaly
by Jessica on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Its nice to have someone of the opposite sex to speak to and connect with at any time in life.. but it sucks to say that your about to be a new mom, and doing it alone without the father is going to be hard, hopefully you have family and friends to help you out, but I don't think that its the right time for you to start dating or even looking to date IMO because you will be so busy.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I think you should just go with the flow and not bring it up at all. Your 9 months pregnant and life is about to change once that baby arrives, you won't even have time to go on a actual date lol. Talk to guys online to eat up your time for now  and flirt a little ;)  

angmill
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Tell him the truth if he still want to c u great if not then u know that he not ready for that family time yet. But if is then do it slowly ur baby is the first thing to take care of, but u can't stop doing wat u want to do just cause your having a baby, can't stop your life
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I agree with this mom.  Personally I'd wait until after the baby was born and you are comfortable with things again.  Newborns can keep you very busy and very sleep deprived sometimes!

Quoting krisnkids:

I wouldn't suggest really trying to date right now. You are so close to the baby being born that your life will be consumed for the next few weeks by a newborn baby, dating will have to drop down the list of priorities, far down the list.

GoldenLinds
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I'd put dating on the back burner. Your life is about to flip upside down and you won't have any time for dating afterwards. Plus it starts a relationship looking like you just want a daddy for the baby. Not a good impression. But in general I've found a lot of guys don't mind dating a pregnant woman if she is upfront about the fact. I'd just tell him btw I have something to tell you that might be a dealbreaker and I totally understand if it is but I'm pregnant.
My SO used that same line on me before we met in person only it wasn't that he was pregnant. He only has one eye. For some women that woyld have been the last they spoke. I told him I didn't know how I'd feel about it. That I'd have to meet him in person to know if it was an issue. Knowing beforehand was so crucial but it never bothered me afterwards.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I would agree with the other ladies on waiting to date.  You are about to have a baby.  Newborns are a lot of work.  Many sleepless nights (and days).  Wait until your baby is at least a few months old before you start to venture outside and date.  Dating now will only put more stress on your life and I"m sure the guy won't want to be around someone about to give birth let alone be with someone who has to take care of a newborn.  Wait girl!  Wait!

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 12, 2013 at 7:33 PM

You do not need this now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)