Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding vs formula feed rant

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 32 Replies

i am honestly so annoyed that most bf mom thinks that formula moms are "lazy". yea some of us didnt get to choose if we wanted to BF or FF. My twins spent two weeks in the nicu and was having feeding issues. i pumped every hour every day for a month and never even made 15 mls. formula is not poison, it doesnt make the child slower then BF babies. my boys are two months old and already rolling on their tummy's by themselves and they are at the correct weight and lengh for their age. 

if your one of these BF moms im talking about you shouldnt                               belittle us moms. the way you feed your kid doesnt make                  you better then anyone. 

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Who the heck cares what others think. They are your children and you have to do what is best for them.

On another note, why rant here?

youngmom2twins
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:24 PM

i honestly believe it effects more single  parents when they are bashed about formula then a couple because like myself some dont have anyone to lean on.  i want other singles to know that they are doing the best they can and its their choice. dont let anyone look down on u 

Quoting krisnkids:

Who the heck cares what others think. They are your children and you have to do what is best for them.

CafeMom Tickers
krisnkids
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I would suggest not worrying about what other people think, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and everyone thinks theirs doesn't stink.

Personally I formula fed oldest by choice, 2nd formula because I had to, 3rd bf til 6 mos, 4th bf til 6 months, surrotwins pumped for ebf for 6 months. Guess what! All my kids are smart, happy and healthy. The older two are skinny, younger two are solid as a rock, no one is obese, no one is unhealthy.

In other workds the best thing that you can do for your child is to make your own choice. Happy moms mean happy babies.

Quoting youngmom2twins:

i honestly believe it effects more single  parents when they are bashed about formula then a couple because like myself some dont have anyone to lean on.  i want other singles to know that they are doing the best they can and its their choice. dont let anyone look down on u 

Quoting krisnkids:

ivf_blessed
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I do believe that pumping is a lot harder than actively BFing so it's no wonder you couldn't pump enough.  I've never understood why women berate other women for things like formula feeding vs BFing or any other parenting choice.  You do what works best for you and your family.

Try not to let it bother you.  I'm so glad that your twins are thriving - sounds like you are a great Mommy! 

TearieLeigh
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I am planning on breatfeeding, and I personally thinks it best. 
but if you can't or choose not to, that's your choice. No one should be able to say anything bad. My cousin was a formula baby, and she is just fine!!!  

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Pumping is much harder than BF'ing and he body does not react to the pump like it is the baby. Some moms are too lazy to BF but there is nothing in your post indicating that. You had twins in the NICU foir god sake.

katrina.0822
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is leaps and bounds more advanced than his friend who is 2 and still on the boob. He only had breast for 6 months. Fuck them (sorry if it's crude) but who gives a shit just tell them that they're dick holes and should I back to their granola eating barefoot and pregnant life
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

why is everybody obsessed with comparing children?  

i don't get it. 

i breastfeed because i am lazy.  yupp, i said it. i hate dishes, i hate measuring, i hate trying to keep up with crap.  babies already have too much crap in my opinion. 

point being- it will work out in the end.  who cares.

bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM

This is one of those things that will never go away.  There will always be the breastfeed vs formula feed war.  And then of course a few people in the middle (like myself).  As a pro breastfeeder, you will never be able to get a formula feeder to understand your stance.  As a formula feeder you will never be able to have a pro breastfeeder understand your stance.  This is talking about the extremes, and that's usually who you run into if this is being argued about.

Just don't even read those threads or articles.  It will only make your skin boil and possibly make you feel inadequate as a mom, it happens.  I know I felt that way when I stopped breastfeeding.  I'm over it now, thankfully lol because my daughter is now 5yrs old.  It would really suck if it still bothered me this long.

libramoon007
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Let's keep this board civil. I breastfed and it was because I wanted to and I formula fed because I wanted to. This is an argument for other boards not this one. It is only a issue on cm.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)