Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Thanksgiving

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM
  • 29 Replies
What do you do for Thanksgiving? Are you working? Do you host? What are you cooking?
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM
I'm working so we'll do Thanksgiving on Saturday. I host and do all the cooking.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I'm combining Thanksgiving and Hanukkah dinner and will make everything from scratch, my first time trying. We'll have plain and raisin challah, latkes, turkey, ham (Jewish people aren't supposed to eat pork), cabbage, candied yams, mac and cheese (another no no). For dessert pumpkin pie and apple pie
Misha1204
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I've hosted once, but probably not this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:07 PM

It is just another day for us. We sometimes go to my cousin's house or sign up to serve meals.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:07 PM

this sounds like a nice celebration.

Quoting cjsmom1:

I'm combining Thanksgiving and Hanukkah dinner and will make everything from scratch, my first time trying. We'll have plain and raisin challah, latkes, turkey, ham (Jewish people aren't supposed to eat pork), cabbage, candied yams, mac and cheese (another no no). For dessert pumpkin pie and apple pie

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Why no mac and cheese?

Quoting cjsmom1:

Misha1204
by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Sounds good!

Quoting cjsmom1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:29 PM
You're not allowed to have meat and dairy in the same meal

Quoting virginiamama71:

Why no mac and cheese?

Quoting cjsmom1:

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Ds really looks forward to the big meal and time with family

Quoting virginiamama71:

It is just another day for us. We sometimes go to my cousin's house or sign up to serve meals.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

The years that I have my son (which is every other year) we go to my aunts for our big family get together.  I am required to bring the cheese ball and crackers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)